I want to ride an Xcelsior NOW!

Rick44

But instead I got an Orion VII 3G. Photo-op Saturday on the B74:

7042LayingOverinMermaidBusTerminal2.jpg

7042LayingOverinMermaidBusTerminal5.jpg

7042LayingOverinMermaidBusTerminal9.jpg

Also, caught a few pics at Jackie Gleason Depot.

JackieGleasonDepot.jpg

B637561on37thStreet5thAvenueBrooklyn.jpg

7582exitingJackieGleasonDepot.jpg

958exitingJackieGleasonDepot.jpg

Also, I have a question. Am I allowed to take pictures inside a bus depot? If not, how do some of the guys here get pics inside a bus depot? Also, am I allowed to take pics outside a depot, as shown here? I ask because one the drivers that was driving out (couldn't get a pic) stopped his bus in the middle of the street after pulling out and looked at me and gestured the "what are you doing" thing. I didn't respond (I was listening to music) and a car honked at him, so he kept going.

Also, I have a question. Am I allowed to take pictures inside a bus depot? If not, how do some of the guys here get pics inside a bus depot? Also, am I allowed to take pics outside a depot, as shown here? I ask because one the drivers that was driving out (couldn't get a pic) stopped his bus in the middle of the street after pulling out and looked at me and gestured the "what are you doing" thing. I didn't respond (I was listening to music) and a car honked at him, so he kept going.

No you cant take pics inside gleason especially there that goes for any depot but if you know someone then its kinda alright . I know people so im good , some people are good with you taking pics of the buses just not near the depot , inside or of the depot .

That first Orion 7 3g photo was really cool. Speaking of the Xcelsiors, they're not that easy to find just yet in Brooklyn, you have to be really lucky.

I'm seeing Xcelsiors on the regular (on the B6) when I'm working Flatbush, Nostrand, or Utica Avenues all the time. I even saw #4841 on the Q Shuttle this (yesterday) evening at Flatbush and Atlantic Avenues. First time I've seen one packed to capacity.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question, and thanks for the compliments. BTW, in case anyone wondered, the piece of paper that says B74 on it is there because the farebox was broken (Free rides, yay for pay-per ride customers!), and whatever link there is to the farebox and sign I guess is unusable. So the sign said "NOT IN SERVICE".

Also, those Orions are coming in quick. I was watching from my window, seeing 3 or 4 Orion 7's on the (B36) today.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question, and thanks for the compliments. BTW, in case anyone wondered, the piece of paper that says B74 on it is there because the farebox was broken (Free rides, yay for pay-per ride customers!), and whatever link there is to the farebox and sign I guess is unusable. So the sign said "NOT IN SERVICE".

You can manually set the destination sign with the main control panel above the operator.

You can manually set the destination sign with the main control panel above the operator.

I guess he didn't know how to, IDK. But the Orion 7's are really nice here. I'm thinking they might win the rights for the batch order of diesel buses. As long as it's not Nova.

Archived