The New York City Bus Jeopardy

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok Checkmate. Ill make a rule for next weeks game.

New Scores:

Matt Train:500

Checkmate:2000

B35:-3700

ThrexxBus:-4700

Checkmate is the winner. Checkmate will you play next week.

Probably you can talk to someone to reserve chatbox for us.

Cool.... gg to all three of you !

-------------

To the host..... Suggestion for next week or whenever....

Work on making the questions less ambiguous, and work on restoring order to the game so you won't have all this confusion.....

As far as reserving the chatbox goes, I guess we don't have to block everybody else out of the chatbox. We can just play in there.

I mean, if you think about it, it uses a lot more space to put responses down in a thread than it does to put them in a chatbox.

Nah, I would only invite the host of course [Q23], you (since you won today), and whoever the other 3 contestants will be for next week....

start adding spectators/hecklers & things will end up getting more discombobulatory....

you can block spectators from posting, but who would want to join a chat just to watch other ppl play.... lol....

Nah, I would only invite the host of course [Q23], you (since you won today), and whoever the other 3 contestants will be for next week....

start adding spectators/hecklers & things will end up getting more discombobulatory....

you can block spectators from posting, but who would want to join a chat just to watch other ppl play.... lol....

So wait. In this thread, were spectators blocked from posting? :confused:

In any case, that was my logic: That nobody would really be join a chat to watch other people play. If anybody has a random comment, we'll just skip over it. Hopefully, people are going to be considerate enough not to post during that 3 hour timeframe.

And good game to you, MattTrain, and ThrexxBus. :tup:

So wait. In this thread, were spectators blocked from posting? :confused:

In any case, that was my logic: That nobody would really be join a chat to watch other people play. If anybody has a random comment, we'll just skip over it. Hopefully, people are going to be considerate enough not to post during that 3 hour timeframe.

And good game to you, MattTrain, and ThrexxBus. :tup:

Nah they weren't blocked from posting (you can restrict posting privileges to specific users by forum/subforum, but not by thread... at least AFAIK)... I think there hardly were any onlookers while we were playin anyway....

But yeh, that's what I would seek to eliminate - that chance where someone will interrupt the flow of the game in a chatroom.... by having just the 4 contestants, outside interference would be impossible.....

Cool.... gg to all three of you !

-------------

To the host..... Suggestion for next week or whenever....

Work on making the questions less ambiguous, and work on restoring order to the game so you won't have all this confusion.....

Will do. Thanks for the feedback

New and extra rules

How to Play:

NYC Bus Jeapordy will be hosted by me.

Up to four members will play at a time

Rules:

You earn and lose points by answering questions correctly or incorrectly

Their will be a round, a short break, and then another round of double Jeapordy

a break, then the final Jeapordy round, and the celebration

Be constantly looking at this page if you are a player on the game.

There will be a game once a week on Fridays

If there is a change of schedules, I will post it on this page.

Members:

All four members will play the first two rounds. The final Round will be played by the top two members that have the highest points

This will be the score for the players at the end

1st place gets all points earned during the rounds

2nd place gets 3000 points

3rd Place gets 2000 points

Last Place gets 1000 points

You will not lose points on your first two tries, if you asked for the question,or of you have a score of zero

I will call out names in order for each turn so everyone gets a fair chance of answering

I am awaiting final decision of the chatbox privilege

Once you participate in a game you can not participate untill 2 games after have passed unless you won of course, you will have to play.

I need four contestant and 1 scorekeeper

We have checkmatechamp13 as contestant #1 since he won the first game

PM me to sign up or for deep info if you have any other questions

For now this is where the games are held.

I will try to see if we can use chatbox to play games but that isn't my decision so stay tuned for info.

Questions or Comments you can also write on this page.

Contestant can study using the Riddles Thread

You can sign up until Thursday at 11PM or until all positions are filled

Next Game is feburary 24 at 7pm so sign up and have fun.

It would only make sense to have different categories for each week..... bus related of course....

your rendering of the new restructure gmv

(gets my vote)....

Thanks. Also, for all of you that want to play in Jeopardy, this is the places so far in place. Unfortunately all the places are taken so please sign up for next weeks game.

UPDATE: 8:10 AM

Contestant 1:checkmatechamp13

Contestant 2:IRT Bronx Express

Contestant 3: T J Trainman (pending)

Contestant 4: pjbr40

Scorekeeper : ThrexxBus

Co-host : East New York

The game is via Chatbox so please if you want to watch then go ahead. Please however just try to not comment on Chatbox within the hour and a half time frame unless you are a contestant.:D

....The game is via Chatbox so please if you want to watch then go ahead. Please however just try to not comment on Chatbox within the hour and a half time frame unless you are a contestant.;)

Wait a second...

You are going to use the chatbox on this forum?

At the very least, a board-wide announcement is gonna have to be made sometime on thursday and/or early friday then....

There always will be someone who will interupt... how will this announcement be made?

It can be done in at least two ways...

- A global thread (meaning, it will be shown in every forum/subforum) informing everyone of the game...

- When you log on to the forum, there'll be a yellow-ish colored box (with a red 'x' in the upper right hand corner) towards the top of the forum page containing the announcement......

We have been denied use of (this forum's) chatbox by a moderator... :cry:

should've saw that coming.....

Ok. Then I guess we will have to play on this page. I'll pass the word around to the contestants.
Cant it be possible to do Jeopardy on my CP page

Don't know what "CP" is, but since you don't want to set up an off-site chatbox, at this point you may as well keep the game goin in this thread.....

Don't know what "CP" is, but since you don't want to set up an off-site chatbox, at this point you may as well keep the game goin in this thread.....

It's to the left of "Forums" on the top of the page. You have "Home", then "Forums", then "User CP".

I'm not sure how exactly we'd be able to play in his CP, though. :confused:

It's to the left of "Forums" on the top of the page. You have "Home", then "Forums", then "User CP".

I'm not sure how exactly we'd be able to play in his CP, though. :confused:

oh aight... I thought he may have been referring to a whole 'nother website....

lmao.... nobody's gonna wanna play on someone's profile (comments) page... that's pretty doggone desperate....

Archived