Proposed New Linden Boulevard Line

Micstromme

It has come to my attention that Linden Boulevard is awfully long. Along the way there are several bus routes that travels down the road (the only ones that I am familiar with are those in Brooklyn).

My idea is how nice and efficient would it be if (MTA) Bus decided to create a bus route that traveled all down the Linden Boulevard. The route could begin at the start of the intersection in Queens and end at Flatbush Avenue and Linden Blv in Brooklyn, with there being nothing but a limited stop service. To speak mildly, it could be compared to the B103 in Brooklyn as it run down a commercial expressway.

This is just a rough draft. If you have some additional ways to make this sound realistic, then please PM me or of course you can always feel free to make a comment here on this thread.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

Ok, have it start at the Rockaway Blvd (A) Train station, go down Cross Bay Blvd, then go the entire way of Linden Blvd. Once it reaches the end, go up Flatbush to Prospect Park Station. How's that? We can call it the B19. Stops at Q11 stops on Cross Bay Blvd, B15/20 stops on Linden Blvd, then Schenck Av, Van Siclen Av, Pennsylvania Av, Alabama Av, Snediker Av, M Gaston Blvd, Rockaway Av, Rockaway Pkwy, Church Av, Kings Hwy, then every 2-3 blocks until Caton Av, then B41 local stops until Prospect Park Station. Now, if only the ridership statistics could be done for this.

Except for the (A), Rockaway Blvd end of your proposal the B15 and B35 routes already provide much of what you propose. The B35 Church Avenue runs 2 blocks away from Linden Blvd from Mother Gaston Blvd. to Flatbush Avenue. The B15 runs on Linden Blvd from the Queens border and connects with the B35 at Rockaway Ave 1 block from Linden Blvd.

Except for the (A), Rockaway Blvd end of your proposal the B15 and B35 routes already provide much of what you propose. The B35 Church Avenue runs 2 blocks away from Linden Blvd from Mother Gaston Blvd. to Flatbush Avenue. The B15 runs on Linden Blvd from the Queens border and connects with the B35 at Rockaway Ave 1 block from Linden Blvd.

I'm going to have to agree with Trainmaster5 on this one. Both Brooklyn and Queens portions of the street are basicly covered.

I'm going to have to agree with Trainmaster5 on this one. Both Brooklyn and Queens portions of the street are basicly covered.

...And what about the area that is not covered?

Should I be forced to remind you that the B26 and B52 are very close in distance as is with the B38 and B54. The B54 and B57 are separated by only one block for most of the route and that is Park Avenue.

In a way, the Transit Authority makes itself look like hypocrites by doing stupid things like allowing so many workhorses to route so close to each other. How is that any different from what you proposed? Isn't it a smarter way to end some of the problems both the agency and the economy have?

It has come to my attention that Linden Boulevard is awfully long. Along the way there are several bus routes that travels down the road (the only ones that I am familiar with are those in Brooklyn).

My idea is how nice and efficient would it be if (MTA) Bus decided to create a bus route that traveled all down the Linden Boulevard. The route could begin at the start of the intersection in Queens and end at Flatbush Avenue and Linden Blv in Brooklyn, with there being nothing but a limited stop service. To speak mildly, it could be compared to the B103 in Brooklyn as it run down a commercial expressway.

This is just a rough draft. If you have some additional ways to make this sound realistic, then please PM me or of course you can always feel free to make a comment here on this thread.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

well... yeah, linden blvd is a long street... but...

the B103 creates a 1 seat ride for a community of residents (Canarsie) that have poor connections to the subway, straight to downtown Brooklyn... that route has flourished for a reason.... you cannot compare that to a go-nowhere route, such as a linden blvd through route....

2) ending buses on caton/linden & flatbush... bad idea... flatbush av is congested enough as it is.... sending it anywhere up/down flatbush would be nothing more than redundant....

3) truck traffic on linden blvd b/w Utica & Flatbush in the morning... horrendous... would take a route about a good 40 mins. just to get off that stretch.... the B35 from Flatbush-Utica doesn't even take that long...

4) very low demand for a linden blvd throughroute... much of linden blvd, in brooklyn, and western queens, is residential...

in Brooklyn, the only real upside from such a route (if it would ever happen) is that it'd allow for easier access to Brookdale... the current B8 takes a rather convoluted path to get there...

4b) the uncovered portion of linden blvd will have to remain uncovered... said riders/residents aren't really screaming/proposing for direct bus service....

that's just in Brooklyn....

the Queens end of linden blvd... well, the eastern end of linden is well covered by the Q4... and the western end, although there is a gap in service, they still got the (god-awful) Q9a.... which takes a circuitous route to get to jamaica (this is why the Q6 & the Q40 are so crushloaded)....

bear in mind, linden blvd in Queens & linden blvd in Brooklyn gets cut off by the conduits (north/south conduit ave's).... linden starts up in queens over there by the racetrack... and that area is somewhat nimby (although not as nimby as others)... if they could have their way, the Q41 wouldn't exist....

and lets be 100% here, S. Ozone park residents aren't dying to get to east flatbush...

...and vice versa.

Archived