Attention NICE Riders- 2 Meetings hosted by Long Island Bus Rider's Union

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Do you see them concerned about those "2000" N21 riders, and they don't realize that like 97% of those riders are only using the bus to get along points on Northern Blvd. In which case the N21 is not needed and those same riders would just get on the N20 instead?

qj please go to the meeting in school all of them. Actually, we all should go with a print out of the NICE BUS Map and throughly teach them about the system(s)? and riders that they're supposed to be concerned about. It's clear that the person who runs it does not ride the bus, and therefore cannot connect with its members, nor make reasonable requests/comments when it speaks to the media.

So, being that it's called the "Long Island Bus Rider's Union" should they not be concerned about the hearings on SCT's fare increase?

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Do you see them concerned about those "2000" N21 riders, and they don't realize that like 97% of those riders are only using the bus to get along points on Northern Blvd. In which case the N21 is not needed and those same riders would just get on the N20 instead?

qj please go to the meeting in school all of them. Actually, we all should go with a print out of the NICE BUS Map and throughly teach them about the system(s)? and riders that they're supposed to be concerned about. It's clear that the person who runs it does not ride the bus, and therefore cannot connect with its members, nor make reasonable requests/comments when it speaks to the media.

So, being that it's called the "Long Island Bus Rider's Union" should they not be concerned about the hearings on SCT's fare increase?

N21 is need for people who lives along Shore Rd-Glenwood Rd. I checked bus map and both Glen Clove Rd and Northern Blvd-Bryant Av is far apart away walk for senior or disabled who relies on N21.

N21 is need for people who lives along Shore Rd-Glenwood Rd. I checked bus map and both Glen Clove Rd and Northern Blvd-Bryant Av is far apart away walk for senior or disabled who relies on N21.

You did a video while you were riding the N21, weren't you the only person on board?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget about today's meeting.

FIGHT BACK! JOIN THE LONG ISLAND BUS RIDERS’ UNION

Come to Our Meeting on April 3rd

100 Duffy Avenue in Hicksville, 3rd floor*

6-8pm

*1199 SEIU Building, next to Hicksville Train Station Buses (to Hicksville LIRR Station stop):

N20/N21, N22, N48/N49, N50, N73/N74, N78/N79, N80/N81

Walking directions from bus:

Walk down Newbridge Road (away from Hicksville LIRR train station). Turn right on Duffy Avenue and walk to 100 Duffy Ave

Nice how this forum keeps formatting. I won't be able to attend.

REALLY? REALLY? Are you that desperate to sound smart?

:tup:

woah I was refferring to those impiciles at the LI riders union god calm down I don't need to sound smart cause I can do that easily I am anything but dumb FYI I actually listen to ppl and how they respond in PERSON rather than on the internet so insults here hold less meaning.

You did a video while you were riding the N21, weren't you the only person on board?

couldn't say it better myself elderly who need it WHAT ELDERLY plz No offense but NYfamous always uses the ''ELDERLY'' argument to justify keeping a lightly used segment. One problem NICE is way too smart to fall for that trick. The elderly are used as a scapegoat to justify and forge ridership numbers to make a useless line look useful. I learned more about that tactic it's a tactic used by ppl for their own selfish self interests whithout caring about others. Example: elderly are used as a scapegoat to keep BXM4 on grand concourse inspite of literally DISMAL ridership sometimes literally nothing. However some ppl have became smart enough to see past that

No, I wasn't only one.

There were quiet few people.

N21 also helps relieif crowds on N20.

Today, I went back to Flushing again, lots of N21 riders were shocked about news. One rider took me, we need more N21, not less.

No, I wasn't only one.

Today, I went back to Flushing again, lots of N21 riders were shocked about news. One rider took me, we need more N21, not less.

The N20 has nothing to do with it because those N21 runs would simply be turned into N20 runs. So everybody west of Roslyn would see the same levels of service.

He's referring to the "unique" portion of the N21, after it turns off Northern Blvd and goes towards Glen Cove.

No, I wasn't only one.

Yeah, that's where this get's a little misleading. Northern Blvd isn't really loosing service, the segment to Glen Cove is. They're replacing N21's with N20's. Also, as you know since you were at both Community Meetings, NICE said that half of the riders on the route are going between Flushing and Great Neck. The N21 definitely isn't needed for that.

He's referring to the "unique" portion of the N21, after it turns off Northern Blvd and goes towards Glen Cove.

Right, I remember seeing a video where he was riding the N21 along its "own branch" and it seemed like he was the only person on board. *takes a look* I viewed it again, I did hear someone cough in the background. Now the question is, did anyone board or alight between the last stop and Northern Blvd?

NCC's classes start back up Monday, I want to gauge the N16 short runs/N43 to Hempstead for myself. It sounds pretty on paper...

Depends on where you get on also. If you get on behind the Clusters The N43 heads out to Merchants Concourse, while the N16 is still going through the campus and parking lot. After the mall it's non stop to the bus terminal. Let us know how it goes.

The N43's to Roosevelt Field had unused potential because anyone boarding from NCC just wanted to get to the mall to transfer to another bus now anyone going to Hempstead or Roosevelt Field on can board. Logistically it's a good idea, greater utilization of existing services.

Joel, are you also planning to take non-stop N16 bet. Hempstead & NCC also?

Good point, they did replace some short turns with the non-stop runs..

• 3 weeks later...

They have a new meeting:

FIGHT BACK! JOIN THE LONG ISLAND BUS RIDERS’ UNION

Come to Our Meeting on May 9th

100 Duffy Avenue in Hicksville, 3rd floor*

6-8pm

*1199 SEIU Building, next to Hicksville Train Station Buses (to Hicksville LIRR Station stop):

N20/N21, N22, N48/N49, N50, N73/N74, N78/N79, N80/N81

Walking directions from bus:

Walk down Newbridge Road (away from Hicksville LIRR train station). Turn right on Duffy Avenue and walk to 100 Duffy Ave

* www.longislandbusridersunion.org *

See how clueless they actually are? They still haven't removed the N21 from the list of buses. The N21 does not go to Hicksville! They also do not have the N24 listed as it now goes to Hicksville since it replaces the western portion of the N78/N79 route. Which they should know since they were shouting out about the service changes.

They have a new meeting:

See how clueless they actually are? They still haven't removed the N21 from the list of buses. The N21 does not go to Hicksville! They also do not have the N24 listed as it now goes to Hicksville since it replaces the western portion of the N78/N79 route. Which they should know since they were shouting out about the service changes.

Yeah I wont even waste my time with those. It's sad there isn't a good group to actually represent NICE bus riders.

Did you go to Nassau County Communitte Meeting tonight at 4pm at Awful Memory of Nassau County Legislature Building?

They post meeting on same day as NYC Bus Rider's Forum, which was very bad situation and I did not even know about Nassau County Bus Meeting and forgot about NYCT Bus Rider meeting either.

Did you go to Nassau County Communitte Meeting tonight at 4pm at Awful Memory of Nassau County Legislature Building?

They post meeting on same day as NYC Bus Rider's Forum, which was very bad situation and I did not even know about Nassau County Bus Meeting and forgot about NYCT Bus Rider meeting either.

Nope, it was enough of a circus last time at the legislature, with Schmitt being a terrible Ringleader. :wacko:

Do you remember one of police officer that was at meeting?

I came to meeting late and there was familar police officer told me, that everyone Nassau County legislature meetings on bus, police station closing, etc and always delay.

When I went there, they were suppose to have 15 min break, but break took more than 2 hours.

They need to take lesson from MTA how to hold public hearing. Only MTA knows how to put public hearing.

Archived