L.I.C., Astoria, 5Pointz

NIce!

Thanks!

I love that buliding, those Evil lightbulbs are my fav.

Great shots!

Yeah, it's on my favorite spots in Queens too. Too bad they want to demolish it... :(

Excellent stuff from 5 Pointz and the East River Area!

Thanks! I love Gantry, it's an amazing park for photographs.

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, it's on my favorite spots in Queens too. Too bad they want to demolish it... :(

Thanks! I love Gantry, it's an amazing park for photographs.

Thanks, guys!

I hope they keep 5Pointz, it should be landmark status.

As for Gantry, I agree, also it makes LIC feel like Jersey City kinda, so it's awesome. Panoramic shots is also awesome when taken from Gantry.

And you're very welcome!

I hope they keep 5Pointz, it should be landmark status.

As for Gantry, I agree, also it makes LIC feel like Jersey City kinda, so it's awesome. Panoramic shots is also awesome when taken from Gantry.

And you're very welcome!

They're fighting to get landmark status, but the thing is, with L.I.C. gentrifying, it's an uphill battle, as the need to build Luxury hi-rise condos outweighs the need to preserve a local institute. Yet, I'm hopin. Gantry is awesome, and it's much less crowded then Brooklyn Bridge State Park- Gantry's kinda like a hidden gem.

And once again, thank you!

They're fighting to get landmark status, but the thing is, with L.I.C. gentrifying, it's an uphill battle, as the need to build Luxury hi-rise condos outweighs the need to preserve a local institute. Yet, I'm hopin. Gantry is awesome, and it's much less crowded then Brooklyn Bridge State Park- Gantry's kinda like a hidden gem.

And once again, thank you!

Well, indeed Gantry is a hidden gem, but really without 5Pointz, the young and the hip, aka the next generation of people won't really like Long Island without a clear historical building, I think the exterior should be kept, but the interior renovated and fixed to a state of good repair and at the end make it into like a market, similar to Chelsea Market, or Reading Terminal Market in Philly.

And once again, you're very welcome!

Well, indeed Gantry is a hidden gem, but really without 5Pointz, the young and the hip, aka the next generation of people won't really like Long Island without a clear historical building, I think the exterior should be kept, but the interior renovated and fixed to a state of good repair and at the end make it into like a market, similar to Chelsea Market, or Reading Terminal Market in Philly.

And once again, you're very welcome!

The thing is, MoMA P.S. 1 is already there, and that institution has been a linchpin of trend art for a while now. But, 5Pointz is a local landmark, and ask anybody who lives there, or anybody who takes the (7)<7>, really, and they'll know. I agree with your idea, but so far, the prospects are even.

Marvelous pics!

Thank you!

The thing is, MoMA P.S. 1 is already there, and that institution has been a linchpin of trend art for a while now. But, 5Pointz is a local landmark, and ask anybody who lives there, or anybody who takes the (7)<7>, really, and they'll know. I agree with your idea, but so far, the prospects are even.

At least they preserve the exterior and the arts on it, I'd be happy. As much Graffiti is a partial annoyance in certain areas, a city wouldn't be a city without some form of graffiti. I see potential @ 5Pointz, the developer and property owner just need to think about what is best to do with his land. But yeah, a market and some young and hip boutiques would do wonders at 5Pointz.

Archived