05-12-12 Train Day Acela As Metro North Train

Fred G

Picture and video are wonderful and show the intricacies of CP112. BTW, the towing diesel MN 111 is the same diesel that pulled the private cars out of Grand Central to New Rochelle after Train Day was over. They were dropped off on Track 2 and Amtrak came by to pick them up.

Even though I have track charts, the photo and video go a long way to understanding the interlocking. New Haven trains take the track to the extreme right (Track #4) to make the stop at Mt Vernon East. You'll notice the train took the other New Haven track that leads to Track #1. (Note: New Haven track #3 leads to the flyover.)

Picture and video are wonderful and show the intricacies of CP112. BTW, the towing diesel MN 111 is the same diesel that pulled the private cars out of Grand Central to New Rochelle after Train Day was over. They were dropped off on Track 2 and Amtrak came by to pick them up.

Even though I have track charts, the photo and video go a long way to understanding the interlocking. New Haven trains take the track to the extreme right (Track #4) to make the stop at Mt Vernon East. You'll notice the train took the other New Haven track that leads to Track #1. (Note: New Haven track #3 leads to the flyover.)

I have to make a correction. (I thought there was an edit function.) The track on the extreme right connects with New Haven Track #2. Track #4 begins at CP212.

Archived