Facebook working on redesign of unpopular “Timeline” feature.

KeystoneRegional

Yahoo Tech - "This hasn't exactly been Facebook's year — its stock price has been in a tailspin since it went public on Friday, and the new Timeline profile look has been universally panned. It may be tough turning around the cratering stock price, but Facebook isn't helpless when it comes to Timeline. And indeed, it seems the social media giant is taking a stab at redesigning the controversial feature.

The changes to Timeline are rather subtle. In the new version, your name, job, education history, and location will be superimposed over the cover picture in white, rather than displayed below it as is currently the case. The look is a lot more streamlined, and while there's no guarantee that it'll assuage the displeasure over Timeline, there's something to be said for increasing visual appeal.

This new feature is only being tested, there's no way to know when it will go live for everyone — if it ever goes live. Will a new version of Timeline help rescue Facebook's plummeting stock value? Probably not. But turning around public opinion on Timeline would be a great first step."

Source Link: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/facebook-working-redesign-unpopular-timeline-feature-203527583.html?fb_action_ids=2761462654231&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_ref=type%3Aread%2Cuser%3Ail7zu8pJXDL-PFfK0avQN9vqNJo&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQBMwI1vSkGsGT17x503Dp-tIbsjvUjMFI6Ko0KtoQmr1Jzfpk7HdkHkUhyOEFLOmjIpD6h5OuF-rzHl6CBAhTNEb91pv7pKHFDrVK0LF2G2CxibjY4IdQoenQL7nRYz7QZ3WFN58MYB5BZaEK2jrJPwIQ2AAA3FBwOQNoIzJNrokpM2mUvrKEOqmVL4Te4h0mw#_=_

I thought Timeline was official and that everyone would have it. At least 950 out of my 1074 friends have it, and complain that it is disorganized. I still have a wall so idk how timeline really works :/

I have timeline and I will tell you how it works. Basically if you look up my timeline if it's possible you can look at every single one of my posts, and my friend's posts. You can go all the way down to the day I was born. There is no privacy in this.

I have timeline and I will tell you how it works. Basically if you look up my timeline if it's possible you can look at every single one of my posts, and my friend's posts. You can go all the way down to the day I was born. There is no privacy in this.

Keep in mind, you have control of your Birth-Date, and you have control over most of your stuff on Facebook. Maybe, non-technologically forward people might have trouble fixing up their timeline, however there is always a way to make your content more private.

Correction, you can change your timeline settings.

Archived