BRT in Hudson County

NoHuBus

www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/06/bus_rapid_transit_public_meeti.html

BRT in Jersey City Bayonne vicity is not a surprise since now transportation is now needed in the area to get people to JSQ. So how would you this would work and what lines would be BRT?

but 10 has no local alternatives how can it go LTD stop??

hmmm now I think about it, thats a good point. since that will not work out, its between the 80 & 87. The 87 should be a good candidate

but 10 has no local alternatives how can it go LTD stop??

I don't see how something like this can work, I am intimately familiar with Bayonne.

Unfortunately, as with any main artery in Hudson County, these mini-buses cannot be dismissed as a travel alternative.

Anything else will probably confuse a good number of riders. In my opinion, my off-peak travels on the 10 (2pm - 11pm from Bayonne to JC) have been fine.

The only suggestion I can offer is with the 119:

- Run rush hour express service from Bayonne, select stops in Jersey City, left on Communipaw Avenue or Danforth via Mallory Avenue( so West Side folks have access) then Communipaw Avenue to NJ Turnpike to the Express Bus Lane (Lincoln Tunnel). However, afternoon/evening rush hour passengers would not see much of any benefit.

If there are a lot of vans running along JFK Blvd, maybe adding a limited version of the #10 could lure back riders onto the buses.

Nah theses are the NJ version of the Brooklyn dollar Vans they do the same line of the old 10 they once extended to NY but it goes near 42nd but yea they mostly run on Compition with each other and with Nj Transit really they make all stops but what makes it limited is that people dont wave for it they want the 10 line besides them but they are more reliable then the 10 but thats my opinion

Nah theses are the NJ version of the Brooklyn dollar Vans they do the same line of the old 10 they once extended to NY but it goes near 42nd but yea they mostly run on Compition with each other and with Nj Transit really they make all stops but what makes it limited is that people dont wave for it they want the 10 line besides them but they are more reliable then the 10 but thats my opinion

But that's my point: Part of the reason there are so many dollar vans along routes in Brooklyn is because there's less service relative to demand. So maybe if you added a limited, riders would say "Well, it's just as fast as the dollar van, so I'll take it if it comes first", instead of waiting for a dollar van specifically. (Either that, or it could get the people who take whatever comes first)

But that's my point: Part of the reason there are so many dollar vans along routes in Brooklyn is because there's less service relative to demand. So maybe if you added a limited, riders would say "Well, it's just as fast as the dollar van, so I'll take it if it comes first", instead of waiting for a dollar van specifically. (Either that, or it could get the people who take whatever comes first)

true have a point there Day time 10 is useful but night time NJT has it running via Sip Ave to JSQ and to Run every 30 minutes to a hour or 2

Archived