Facinating site (and hello)

realizm

Sup.

Not exactly a subway buff or a foamer, in fact I absulutely hate my rush hour commute on the D or the 4 to the point I sometimes take the taxi instead (I work in IT for a living), but in general I am a geek lol who is fancinated with engineering, artichecture and technology in general. Including the CPW, QBL and 4th ave line in the sense of how it was designed and built by the IND and BMT in the case of 4th ave.

I'm very knowedgeble on the subway system from what I've read and observed. For example: There are stubs @ 59th and 4th ave st for a link to Staten island which was never built, correct. The unused portion on the underground "bridge" before bay ridge ave ave station on the (R) also confirms is as that protion to 95th street was actually built with a provision for expansion into a 4 track express line. The way Bay Ridge ave is designed with the Manhattan bound platform without columns while the southbond platform does, as well as the underground bridge which is before the station over the Bay Ridge branch of the LIRR confirms this because of the artictecture of the line.

Also at Whitehall St on the (R) there are stubs as well for another proposed SI tunnel with a stop at Ellis Island I believe. The original plan is for a loop line from BK to Staten Island and then back to Manhattan which of course never happened. Because of politics of course. What else is new?

I'm sure you guys know this already but I'm just saying this for the record.

I welcome it. In fact I may have questions as I participate in other topics to be discussed.

So here I am and I'm happy to be on this forum, learn things and contribute.

Archived