7/26 Event- Bus Riders’ Union to Highlight Problems w/NICEBus4 Disabled11am

Good Afternoon!

Please join us for an upcoming Press Conference this Thursday at Hempstead Bus Terminal! Details:

Bus Riders’ Union to Highlight Problems with NICE Bus Service for Disabled Riders on Anniversary of the ADA

Where: Rosa Parks Bus Terminal

Intersection of Jackson St and Station Plaza in Hempstead

When: Thursday, July 26th, 2012 at 11:00am

This Thursday marks the 22nd anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in employment, transportation, State and local government, public and private accommodations, and communication. Access to transportation is fundamental to the independence and full community participation of disabled people.

The Long Island Bus Riders' Union will hold a press conference at the Hempstead Transit Center to celebrate the Birthday of the ADA and to highlight the need for improvements for Nassau County’s disabled riders. We will present Veolia with a graded report card, detailing the existing system and highlighting improvements that must be made.

--

Charlene Obernauer

Executive Director

Long Island Jobs with Justice

390 Rabro Drive

Hauppauge, NY 11788

(W)631-348-1170 ext. 304

(F)631-348-1180

(C)631-252-4221

We will present Veolia with a graded report card, detailing the existing system and highlighting improvements that must be made.

Are you actually meeting with Veolia Brass or is this like a protest?

Presenting with a report card... And telling them what changes must be made!?! This I'll have to see! Hopefully you'll put this on Youtube...

Any chance you can send me the report card and changes you are demanding?

Are you actually meeting with Veolia Brass or is this like a protest?

Presenting with a report card... And telling them what changes must be made!?! This I'll have to see! Hopefully you'll put this on Youtube...

Any chance you can send me the report card and changes you are demanding?

Oh yeah I want to see it too, and what happens if the changes that 'must be made" arent implemented?

Joe

Well in this situation they have all the power if meeting with this union. However, I don't agree with the part that they don't have any reason to negotiate with the people. In this situation they lack the power because they are just the middle man providing a service with the money and equipment they are given. They have to provide this service within their means. Don't you think Veolia would love to operate a topline system with state of the art equipment that never has a breakdown? If Nassau County and the taxpayers are not willing to reach into their pocket to provide it do you feel a private company should reach into their profits (and I'm talking worldwide company profits not what their making off this deal) to fund it?

Well, NICE does have all the power and unless they're given more money or are sued by the ADA or the Union, they have no reason to negotiate with the people.

Not gonna lie this post makes the most sense in this thread even Pinepower isn't ranting so much. That is wierd I guess NICE IS NICE to pinepower lol.

Charlene Obeneaur says NICE people properly not come.

Your new name should be FamousNICEHater lol seriously it is NOT that serious

Archived