Sunday Subway Schedule

Strain

So ill be on my way to the City soon and was wondering ifr any one could give like a Sunday Subway Schedule or something cuz i know that in any city trains always run there slowest on a Sunday so i wanted to know if someone could help me ASAP cuz ill be leaving soon.

Thanks (S)train

Yes that's what I wanted thanks subway looks like trains run every 20 on sunday

Actually the overnight service ends later on sunday morning as all of the subway lines start regular full time of every 10-15 minutes or less by 6am. In other words Sundays all lines run every 10-15 minutes from about 630am until about 1230am Monday Morning. During peak hours sundays some lines such as the busy (1)(2)(4)(6)(E)(F) lines i.e 10am-2pm and 4pm-8pm run with 7-8 minute headways. As subway station mentioned you need to go to the ()' /> website for exact timetables for each line for details. He also posted the info line-by line below.

Also on major holidays like New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas the city subways run on Sunday schedule.

For July 4th for fireworks show that night the (1)(2)(3)(4)(A)(C)(E)(D) and (F) usually runs on a Saturday schedule.

Hope you understand.

Since I have too much time on my hands right now :lol:, why don't I provide everyone with some Sunday service information:

(1): 8 minutes

(2): 12 minutes

(3): 12 minutes

(4): 8 minutes middays, 12 minutes mornings and evenings

(5): 10-14 minutes

(6): 8 minutes middays, 10 minutes mornings

(7): 6-8 minutes

(A): 10-12 minutes

(C): 10 minutes

(E): 10 minutes

(D): 10 minutes (12 minutes mornings)

(F): 10 minutes

(M) shuttle: 10 minutes

(G): 10 minutes

(L): 6 minutes (6-8 minutes evenings)

(N): 10 minutes

(Q): 10 minutes

(R): 10 minutes

(J): 12 minutes (10 minutes evenings)

The (2) is 12 minutes????? And the (A) as well? That's total BS... those need to be increased...

Agreed. The only subway line in system that should have 12-15 minute headways sundays all day is the Rockaway Park (S) non-summer i.e after Labor Day weekend-following Memorial Day weekend.

I think he might be looking for the schedules for how frequently the trains run. If that is the case, here they are:

http://mta.info/schedules/

I was trying to make it easier for him. A map can be useful. Also, STrain may not know about weekend service changes. There are the usual changes, (5) trains run every 20 mins and more.

Don't ever count on the 5 running less than every 20 minutes on the weekend. Infact, once it transitions into the E180 shuttle the headways actually get SHORTER for a couple hours!

Not to get off topic but i am sure if the ()' /> had their way, they would love to end weekend lex (5) service and just run it as a Dyre shuttle just like the (M).

Agreed. The only subway line in system that should have 12-15 minute headways sundays all day is the Rockaway Park (S) non-summer i.e after Labor Day weekend-following Memorial Day weekend.

Headways on the shuttle should (and generally do) match headways on the Far Rock A, so that each A meets a shuttle and vice versa. There's no point in running the shuttle more frequently in the summer than the A it connects to.

Not to get off topic but i am sure if the ()' /> had their way, they would love to end weekend lex (5) service and just run it as a Dyre shuttle just like the (M).

Doubtful - then they'd have to increase 4 and/or 6 service to make up for the missing 5, and that would cost more than running the 5 to Bowling Green.

Headways on the shuttle should (and generally do) match headways on the Far Rock A, so that each A meets a shuttle and vice versa. There's no point in running the shuttle more frequently in the summer than the A it connects to.

Andrew there was a thread last summer (2011) in which i stated i rode a SRO Far Rockaway/Rockaway Park (S) to Beach 116th on a Sunday afternoon last August. The 4-car R46 could not handle the crowds. Rockaway Beach/Riis Park for some reason is widely popular with hipsters coming from the North Brooklyn (L) stops and elsewhere in the summer. Thus in addition to the longer cars on the (S) on some summer weekends there should be a slight increase in Rockaway bound (A).

Yeah. The (A), though, is 10 minutes for most of the day.

The (A) runs at 10 minute intervals only between Rockway Blvd and 207st. Between Rockway Blvd and Far Rockway the (A) runs at 20 minute intervals. Between Rockway Blvd and Lefferts Blvd the (A) runs at 20 minute intervals.

Andrew there was a thread last summer (2011) in which i stated i rode a SRO Far Rockaway/Rockaway Park (S) to Beach 116th on a Sunday afternoon last August. The 4-car R46 could not handle the crowds. Rockaway Beach/Riis Park for some reason is widely popular with hipsters coming from the North Brooklyn (L) stops and elsewhere in the summer. Thus in addition to the longer cars on the (S) on some summer weekends there should be a slight increase in Rockaway bound (A).

The shuttle already runs 8-car trains on summer weekends. It probably couldn't hurt to run 8-car trains on summer weekdays, too, at least on hot days, if there are enough cars and conductors available (the usual 4-car shuttle runs OPTO, but an 8-car train needs a conductor). My point was simply that running the shuttle more frequently than the Far Rock A doesn't accomplish anything.

Yes, A trains out of the Rockaways are very crowded for a few hours in the evening on summer weekends.

Archived