Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
VWM

What if Nassau County had County Roads?

Why?! It's just a name change and Nassau County already has several highways that get people where they want to go. The local roads are local roads and they work just fine.

County routes in Nassau County, New York, are maintained by the Nassau County Public Works Department. Route numbers were originally posted on unique blue-on-orange pentagonal route markers reflecting the county's official colors; however, all county route signage was removed in the mid-1970s after the Federal Highway Administration enacted new standards for county route markers in 1973. The county legislature opted not to appropriate funds to replace the signs with new markers conforming to the administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, leaving the routes unsigned.[1] The route numbers are still used by the county for internal purposes only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_county_routes_in_Nassau_County,_New_York

No way I am I making that big of a map...

The only evidence that there is or was of county routes in Nassau County (from what I have seen) is a few reference markers on the WB entrance ramp at exit 17 from Hempstead Avenue (CR 3) southbound. The reference markers clearly have a "C3" on them. Not sure if they are still there, but you might want to check it out.

The only evidence that there is or was of county routes in Nassau County (from what I have seen) is a few reference markers on the WB entrance ramp at exit 17 from Hempstead Avenue (CR 3) southbound. The reference markers clearly have a "C3" on them. Not sure if they are still there, but you might want to check it out.

There is c1 on the meadowbrook onramp from glen cove rd, and i think c78 for the manetto hill onramp