CT Transit I-BUS fare question?

sonnyinmiami

Hello everyone... I'm going to be taking the I-bus from White Plains Trans Ctr. to Stamford on this Friday. I know the fare is $5.20 but how do I pay for it ? If I pay online, they mail the tickets (too late for that). Can I purchase the ticket for the the I-bus once I board the bus or how exactly does that work ? Thanks in advance for any responses...

I-Bus fare is 2.60 base fare.

Are you going to White Plains TransCenter by Bee-Line or Metro-North.

If you take Bee-Line Bus, ask your Bee-Line Bus Operator for transfer to Connecticut bus and Bee-Line operators will gave you paper MTA transfer and you give paper transfer to I-Bus Operator.

I don't know if there's step up charge since increase and I-Bus operator didn't charge me 25 cent when it was $2.50.

I'll be walking to the transit center from my hotel. From there, I'll board the I-Bus. Can I purchase a fare/ticket directly from the driver, the MNRR station or one of the little shops inside the trans ctr (bee-hive) ??

I beleive you can buy a day pass on the bus as well. Yes they can accept dollars bills. However for weekly/monthyly passes you can buy it at Stamford,

I'll be walking to the transit center from my hotel. From there, I'll board the I-Bus. Can I purchase a fare/ticket directly from the driver, the MNRR station or one of the little shops inside the trans ctr (bee-hive) ??

I beleive you can buy a day pass on the bus as well. Yes they can accept dollars bills. However for weekly/monthyly passes you can buy it at Stamford,

Stores in TransCenter does not sell day pass.

You can purchase onboard the bus.

At time of payment, tell bus operator you want to buy day pass and you insert you're cash (including dollar bills) onto farebox, and driver will give pass. I think Weekly you can purchase also, but ask bus operator just in case.

Stores in TransCenter does not sell day pass.

You can purchase onboard the bus.

At time of payment, tell bus operator you want to buy day pass and you insert you're cash (including dollar bills) onto farebox, and driver will give pass. I think Weekly you can purchase also, but ask bus operator just in case.

Yuki i never said White Plains. I said Stamford train center. Please read carefully.

Yuki i never said White Plains. I said Stamford train center. Please read carefully.

I am reading carefully.

I know Stamford does sell pass.

I meant stores inside White Plains TransCenter, which "sonnynmiami" is coming from. Deli inside WPTC do not sell passes.

I think s/he could purchase pass onboard the I-Bus.

It used too sell the pass, but not anymore.

I learned my experience.

I-Bus fare is 2.60 base fare.

Are you going to White Plains TransCenter by Bee-Line or Metro-North.

If you take Bee-Line Bus, ask your Bee-Line Bus Operator for transfer to Connecticut bus and Bee-Line operators will gave you paper MTA transfer and you give paper transfer to I-Bus Operator.

I don't know if there's step up charge since increase and I-Bus operator didn't charge me 25 cent when it was $2.50.

There is a $1.00 "step-up" charge for customers transferring from CT Transit Route 11 to Bee-Line buses in Port Chester. This charge must be paid in coins. From Wikipedia.

Archived