A jolt!

metsfan

Ok, so i was on the (E) at chambers. Sounds normal right? WRONG! The doors closed... Odd sounding tone, similar to the door closing tone's higher frequency half... Then... out of nowhere.. without warning... WE GO FORWARD 2-3 FEET in less than a second... stop for half a second, then accelerate as if nothing happened.... Any explanations? Oh, it was an R32 if that helps?

- Andy

The sensitive rolling test is one possible explanation, another could be if the T/O accidentally moves the brake handle to full release (instead of running release) when the train is on a grade, it can slide like that but since I dont know the specifics of the situation its all speculation on my part.

Ok, so i was on the (E) at chambers. Sounds normal right? WRONG! The doors closed... Odd sounding tone, similar to the door closing tone's higher frequency half... Then... out of nowhere.. without warning... WE GO FORWARD 2-3 FEET in less than a second... stop for half a second, then accelerate as if nothing happened.... Any explanations? Oh, it was an R32 if that helps?

- Andy

Probally a Rookie T/O not KNOWING how to do a "proper" sensitive rolling test...

You take a point of power, not three then you knock it off, let it cost for a few seconds you feel no pullback you wrap it up to about 15 Mph...

Then You do your dynamic test grab a brake see that the train slows then then you proceed...

Easy as Pie but you need to do it ALL the time and after a while its like breathing it comes nautural...:rolleyes:

Happens quite often. I run into alot of T/Os like that.

It has happened to me before, however this one was a real jolt so much so that i slid down a seat and a half & people who were holding onto rails all most fell over. Swearing & other mumblings commenced immediately following the event. It felt like we hit the barrier at the end of the tracks there going 15 mph, which is what i thought happened!!

- Andy

Archived