Which bus route do you hate the most?

alekr

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q20 is the worst. Q25/34 late-night runs a close second.

I hate that the Q20 has two branches, I'll tell you that. They should just get rid of the Q20A since the Q76 could just be extended along 20 Avenue to the Q20 terminal to replace it and the Q34 shouldn't be on Kissena/Parsons with it's crappy 20 minute headways when more Q25 service could simply be added. The only people that use the Q34 south of Flushing are people that have the option to use the Q25 or Q34 and the Q34 came first.

From my personal experiences my top two would be the Q35 (As stated above, especially in the Summer time) I have been passed up by 3 Q35's in a row on a Thursday mid summer midday at Kings Highway and Flatbush Avenue because they were already packed to the doors. In addition, I still believe the B4 is up there with the worst, only that route can bunch in three's on the weekends on 20-30 minute headways, how is that possible, that's an hour to an hour and 30 minutes without a bus, gimme a break. I have waited over an hour for one recently, 2 weeks or so ago, on a Saturday and it was a bunching of three. I remember there being one driver who on Saturdays and Sundays (IE 10:30 or so at 86th street and Ave U)  in the morning run real early, at least 15+ minutes early, causing many people to wait 45 minutes for the next bus. That is only from my personal experiences though, some of you might think the B4 is a very good route, that is your personal preference though. Speaking from the POV of a B4 rider for the past 10 years, under UP (don't get me started about the shit that happened under Ulmer Park) and JG, it is in my opinion up there with the worst.

• 9 months later...

Archived