D train

myvalk

anyone know off hand when the D stopped running on the brighton line and now runs on the line that it does?

thanx

(D) stopped running on the Brighton line when its side of the Manhattan Bridge (the south side) was closed, and started running on the West End when the Manhattan Bridge was fully reopened. Not sure of the exact dates, but I'm estimating 2001 and 2004.

(D) stopped running on the Brighton line when its side of the Manhattan Bridge (the south side) was closed, and started running on the West End when the Manhattan Bridge was fully reopened. Not sure of the exact dates, but I'm estimating 2001 and 2004.

The (D) runs on the North Side.

Zach can answer this for you and he will as soon as he sees this thread.

But of course;)

July 20th, 2001

Saturday, July 21, 2001, few minutes before midnight, The (D) terminated it service as the Brighton Local.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 22, 2004 around 12:15am, the first (D) ran PAST Herald Square-34 St, over the newly reconstructed Manhattan Bridge, and continued via 4 Av / West End To Coney Island.

Zachary

Saturday, July 21, 2001, few minutes before midnight, The (D) terminated it service as the Brighton Local.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, February 22, 2004 around 12:15am, the first (D) ran PAST Herald Square-34 St, over the newly reconstructed Manhattan Bridge, and continued via 4 Av / West End To Coney Island.

Zachary

Did you ride those first and last runs? B)

Did you ride those first and last runs? B)

Nah. The Night the (D) was coming to an end on Brighton ( 7-21-01 ) I chilled at the Brighton Beach Station, until 10:30pm. Went home & slept for a few hours, and came back around 6:30am Sunday July 22, 2001, and saw this 'new' (Q).

The February 22 midnight (D) ride into Brooklyn, I didnt show up for. I drove to Brooklyn around 7am that day, and saw the (D) terminated on the West End Platform at Stillwell.

The (D) had been running on the Brighton Line since the mid 20th Century. The (D) was an express until 1980's when the (M), was shifted to the West End line to run with then (:( service.

In the 1980's when I grew up I saw the (D)(M) and <Q> trains. In 1988, the (D) became Brighton Local and the (Q) became (Q6)

The (D) was the first to use an R68 and R68A train.

Back to the (D), the (D) used all R68A's and some R68 until Middle of 1995 when some were transferred to the (N).

The (D) no longer runs on Brighton after July 22, 2001. B) It terminated along with (B) to Herald Square.

Replaced by present day (Q)

The (D) is now in the West End Line replacing (W). The lower numbered R68s are on the (D) but hardly any R68As :mad:

Today's (B) is somewhat similar to the old (D) line minus 205th Street in the Bronx.

The (D) had been running on the Brighton Line since the mid 20th Century. The (D) was an express until 1980's when the (M), was shifted to the West End line to run with then (:( service.

In the 1980's when I grew up I saw the (D)(M) and <Q> trains. In 1988, the (D) became Brighton Local and the (Q) became (Q6)

Back to the (D), the (D) used all R68A's until Middle of 1995 when some were transferred to the (N).

The (D) no longer runs on Brighton after July 22, 2001. B)

The (D) is now in the West End Line replacing (W)

Today's (B) is somewhat similar to the old (D) line minus 205th Street in the Bronx.

yeah. one thing i would rather do is to have the (B) run express in the bronx peak hours

The (D) was the first to use an R68 and R68A train.

Back to the (D), the (D) used all R68A's and some R68 until Middle of 1995 when some were transferred to the (N).

The (D) no longer runs on Brighton after July 22, 2001. B) It terminated along with (B) to Herald Square.

The (D) is now in the West End Line replacing (W). The lower numbered R68s are on the (D) but hardly any R68As :mad:

Today's B is somewhat similar to the old (D) line minus 205th Street in the Bronx.

-November 25, 1967 to July 21, 2001 was the Start & End Dates of Brighton (D) Service.

-In 1986, the North Side of the Manhattan Bridge Closed to the (B) & (D) Trains forcing them to Utilize the South Side. Since the (B) & (D) ran up Broadway, NOW THE (M) was re-routed down the West End with the (B).

The Yellow (D) Ran Local on Brighton & Express on Broadway.

The <Q> became the (Q) as the Broadway / Brighton Express; However, Both the Broadway (D) & (Q) Trains Ran Via Brighton Skip-Stop due to track reconstruction.

THEN IN 1988 The North Side of the Manhattan Bridge Re-Opened and the B & (D) returned normal FROM Brooklyn into Manhattan & The Bronx; Now The (Q) would become the (Q6). The (D) would run Brighton Local / 6 Av Express, while the (Q6) was the Brighton / 6 Av Express.

The Manhattan Bridge remained open to the (D)UNTIL May of 1995. May - November of 1995, the North Side Was Closed.

This took place while the south side remained closed since mid 1990. The Manhattan Bridge was open Weekdays only linking The Bronx with Brooklyn. Heres the Breakdown:

Manhattan Bridge Open

Rush Hour, Weekday Evening, & Late Night Service:

(B) Rush Hours; Washington Heights-168 St to Coney Island.

-Evenings; 21 St-QueensBridge to Coney Island

-Late Nights; West End Shuttle, 36 St to Coney Island

(D) Rush Hours; Norwood-205 St, Bronx to Coney Island

- Evenings / Late Nights; Norwood to Coney Island

(Q6) Rush Hours; 21 St-QueensBridge to Brighton Beach

Manhattan Bridge Closed

Weekday Midday & Weekend Service:

(B) 4 Av Express / West End Local

-Atlantic Av-Pacific St to Coney Island, only.

(D) Concourse Local / CPW / 6 Av Exp

-Norwood-205 St to Herald Square-34 St only.

(Q) 63 St Local / Broadway Express / Brighton Local

- 21 St -QueensBridge, Queens to Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue

-Via 63 St Local / Broadway Express / Montague St Tunnel / Brighton Local

**Brighton Express Service was suspended during weekday middays. The (Q)Ran Local, while the (D)(Q6) was suspended until the Rush Hours; which then normal service resumed.**

The February 22 midnight (D) ride into Brooklyn, I didnt show up for. I drove to Brooklyn around 7am that day, and saw the (D) terminated on the West End Platform at Stillwell.

I thought the (D) used the Sea Beach platform since the West End platform was still under construction until May 2005.

I thought the (D) used the Sea Beach platform since the West End platform was still under construction until May 2005.

The (D) started terminating on the Sea Beach Platform on Sunday May 23, 2004, when the (F) & (Q) returned to Stillwell. Thats when the West End Platform started to go under reconstruction; hence the (N) terminated at 86 St Until May 28, 2005. Sunday May 29, 2005, the (N) was extended back to Coney Island, and the Stillwell Av Terminal Reconstruction Project was finally completed.:cool:

Archived