Nostalgia Train for Yankee Fans

GojiMet86

The remainder of my post shouod have read "I wih I got to see it or better yet, OPERATE it." I was on board at WOodlawn so I was waiting for the call to come... Oh well, no Low V for me. Not that I would have any idea how to operate such an ancient piece of equipment.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that call. The crew for all the museum trains are hand picked and NOT from the extra board. I doubt you will ever get to work them.

Meh, if there were going to be red signals along the way, I see little reason to run the trips non-stop.

As I said, the reason the train runs nonstop is to avoid delaying the trains behind it. Dwell times are very long on a funny looking 4-car train with no PA and minimal signage, and stopping at every regular station seriously delays service.

It's also not even SMEE, so the braking procedure is completely different (Even if it may use the same handle), so you have to be specially qualified. Those are Miscellaneous (C Div.) crews who run those.

While the motormen (yes, they are motormen and not train operators) are misc. qualified, they are also hand picked and trained by the moror instructor in charge of the train and they have used many of the same people for the last several years.

Ok, but even if he was on a packed R142, there's no way you are going to feel the cool air when everyone is packed on top of one another. So I don't see what the fuss is about riding a Low V vs an R142. No one is forcing anyone to ride the Low V.

It was not extremely packed today.Watch the video I posted in the video forum.

Archived