Videos @ Newark Airport Station @ 6am to 6:20am

Well, I had to drop my sister off @ the airport for 6am, her flight was @ 6:30. Plus the NYP bound trains were delayed a few minutes so why not? :P

This time around, the newark airtrain had their A/C's on !

I'm doing a bit of commentary in these first two videos, along with some really.....really long announcements

Now for NJT's Commuter Greatness, I had the perfect ACELA catch, sadly my batteries died....

The Arrow Trains + the comet III - V cars are my favorites so far from what I seen. We caught a 8 Car Arrow train from NYP to Newark Airport Station @ 4:15AM

Nice! I see you guys got rain there too.

My girlfriend used to work in the bag rooms at terminal B she's doing checkpoint now at terminal A.

Seems you got morning peak traffic. I've never been awake early enough to do that, or i've taken amtrak instead.

- Andy

Awesome vids, love my Arrow IIIs!

btw why do you like the arrow III? Their slow and the seats are not comforble. Have ever rode on an arrow III all the way to trenton?
What what WHAT?!? Arrow IIIs are slow?!? The Arrow IIIs are the fastest accelerating EMUs around here! And they sound beautifully! Sure, the limit on them is 80 MPH, but why do you think NJT tries to keep them as locals.

Yeah, the seats are uncomfortable and the train rattles a abit, it isn't as bad as one think. I've done whole round trips on the NEC with the Arrow IIIs making all stops.

Great vids!!

btw why do you like the arrow III? Their slow and the seats are not comforble. Have ever rode on an arrow III all the way to trenton?

I kinda like them. They remind me of a bunch of other transit systems that use EMU's. Plus, you can see out the front AND back as long as the front inner door is left open. I also like how loud they are by the center door where the electrical stuff is that controls the motors and "HEP". :P

- Andy

Thanks guys !

@Pablo : LOL. Shades of Kyle's mom of south park " What what WHAT?!"

The propulsion is one of my favorite things on those arrow IIIs. It sounds like a Siemens but longer. Also, the speed from NYP to Newark was amazing. We had another train beside us, and this one blew right past it. OH forgot to mention, I saw the new PA-5 cars for the PATH system. There's 7 of them currently @ the yard, 5 couple with 2 detached. Also I saw 2 MBTA commuter coaches @ the yard, which surprised me.

The Seats on the Arrow IIIs arent that bad, they were comfortable to me + the A/C.

I don't know what arrow III's you people are riding there not that fast in terms of top speed they have a fast 0 to 15 but their top speed is low.

And @ Majinvegeta what train did this arrow III blow past? I once rode on an arrow III that got smoked by an path train yeah you heard that right an path train!! The path train blew past that arrow III like it was standing still!

But they do have good A/C though. They looks nice on the outside but just the seats and speed need improvement.

LOL!

The propulsion is one of my favorite things on those arrow IIIs. It sounds like a Siemens but longer. Also, the speed from NYP to Newark was amazing. We had another train beside us, and this one blew right past it. OH forgot to mention, I saw the new PA-5 cars for the PATH system. There's 7 of them currently @ the yard, 5 couple with 2 detached. Also I saw 2 MBTA commuter coaches @ the yard, which surprised me.
Yeah, those Arrow IIIs sound all too good.

Were the PA-5s outside on the tracks that lead into the barn or the track that are along the barn outside of it?

The MBTA coaches were either going down to Delaware to get work done, or that has been done and are awaiting to be taken back to Massachusetts.

I don't know what arrow III's you people are riding there not that fast in terms of top speed they have a fast 0 to 15 but their top speed is low.

And @ Majinvegeta what train did this arrow III blow past? I once rode on an arrow III that got smoked by an path train yeah you heard that right an path train!! The path train blew past that arrow III like it was standing still!

But they do have good A/C though. They looks nice on the outside but just the seats and speed need improvement.

Again, the Arrow IIIs are governed to 80 MPH, but yet they're still the fastest to accelerate. I don't the exact number per second, but it can accelerate very fast.

I'll break down a few reasons as to why the train you were was sitting still for a moment or riding slow while a PATH train blew past along you:

Train traffic ahead (pending what direction you were going) or an Amtrak train thats right behind you that could be running late needs to get ahead. The train traffic ahead (if you're going NY bound) could be a Midtown Direct Morris & Essex line train running a few minutes late (or a Montclair train if this was a weekday that might also be running late), and then the other direction going south, an NJCL or another NEC train ahead of you.

Trust me, those engineers move those Arrow IIIs.

LOL!

Yeah, those Arrow IIIs sound all too good.

Were the PA-5s outside on the tracks that lead into the barn or the track that are along the barn outside of it?

The MBTA coaches were either going down to Delaware to get work done, or that has been done and are awaiting to be taken back to Massachusetts.

Again, the Arrow IIIs are governed to 80 MPH, but yet they're still the fastest to accelerate. I don't the exact number per second, but it can accelerate very fast.

I'll break down a few reasons as to why the train you were was sitting still for a moment or riding slow while a PATH train blew past along you:

Train traffic ahead (pending what direction you were going) or an Amtrak train thats right behind you that could be running late needs to get ahead. The train traffic ahead (if you're going NY bound) could be a Midtown Direct Morris & Essex line train running a few minutes late (or a Montclair train if this was a weekday that might also be running late), and then the other direction going south, an NJCL or another NEC train ahead of you.

Trust me, those engineers move those Arrow IIIs.

The PA-5s were both. 5 Car set beside the barn, 2 cars on the track leading to the barn.

The MBTA coaches needs the work. Paint was fading away, and 2 windows were broken.

Thanks guys !

The Seats on the Arrow IIIs arent that bad, they were comfortable to me + the A/C.

They do have good A/C!!

Those MBTA cars are actually on a freight lay up track (of which there are 2 i believe). They put all kinds of stuff there, i even saw a pullman end lounge car, the kind with the "balcony" at the back, and some other random stuff, including 2 multilevels nearing the end of their delivery run. I wonder how long those MBTA cars will be there i'd like to get a glimpse next week!

- Andy

They do have good A/C!!

Those MBTA cars are actually on a freight lay up track (of which there are 2 i believe). They put all kinds of stuff there, i even saw a pullman end lounge car, the kind with the "balcony" at the back, and some other random stuff, including 2 multilevels nearing the end of their delivery run. I wonder how long those MBTA cars will be there i'd like to get a glimpse next week!

- Andy

Yup, I saw the multilevel cars too along with a NJT Diesel (not the new alp w/e ones). MAN As I was coming out of the airtrain, the multilevel train left the station T___T;;;

I might be heading back up there in one month to pick up my sis, my goal will be Amtrak trains, INCLUDING ACELA. I was sad cause my ACELA vid was cut off due to dead batteries.

Where is a good place to railfan along the NEC? I am also going to try the connection to SEPTA to Philly later this summer. This will be fun :P

Yup, I saw the multilevel cars too along with a NJT Diesel (not the new alp w/e ones). MAN As I was coming out of the airtrain, the multilevel train left the station T___T;;;

I might be heading back up there in one month to pick up my sis, my goal will be Amtrak trains, INCLUDING ACELA. I was sad cause my ACELA vid was cut off due to dead batteries.

Where is a good place to railfan along the NEC? I am also going to try the connection to SEPTA to Philly later this summer. This will be fun :P

Good railfan spots

Rahway

Linden

trenton

newark penn station

secaucus junction

Do NOT go to eilzabeth station i heard some crazy stories about that station.

And the NJT/Septa run to philly is only fun going there, but after a long day your not going to look forward to the 2+ hour trip back to NYP. Also your will be sore once you get home due to sitting down so long so arrow/sliverliner cars.

But the coming back part won't be so bad if you go during the week and get an super express back to NYP with bi levels.

Do NOT go to eilzabeth station i heard some crazy stories about that station.
Whats wrong with Elizabeth? Sure, the area around the station isn't so great, but as long as you stay up on the platforms of the train station, you'll be fine. I've spent an hour shooting pics at Elizabeth last year and go back passing through on occasion to catch a connecting bus/train.

Hell, Linden is just as bad as Elizabeth.

Whats wrong with Elizabeth? Sure, the area around the station isn't so great, but as long as you stay up on the platforms of the train station, you'll be fine. I've spent an hour shooting pics at Elizabeth last year and go back passing through on occasion to catch a connecting bus/train.

Hell, Linden is just as bad as Elizabeth.

Im talking about the crazy stories i read on railroad.net like in this thead http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=33206

Archived