Nova RTS' at MTA Bus

JOrion3741

Guest Charles

If anyone has posted this already somewhere, my bad for repeating, but here goes:

I saw 8416 on the Q23 this evening. I couldn't take any photos, it was moving. It was heading towards Ditmars Blvd around 6:30 PM this evening. 8416, I do believe, was a Flatbush RTS. The bus had no side ads but a back ad, and the LaGuardia Depot sticker was in place. That's just about as much as I saw. I have seen some 84xx and 85xx on LaGuardia routes, what buses will replace these? The NGs?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Charles

Why did the (MTA) take out the soft seats upon the 93xx's arrival at (MTA) bus? Did the suburban seats take up more space or something? I've never been on an RTS with suburban, but I've been on the Orion/BIA V's with the coach seats...the space seemed to be decent enough.

1998-1999 RTS Novas (4900-5200, 9350, 9352-9699), some of them, will eventually come over to MTA Bus, eventually. If cheap behind ex-QSC Orion V CNG buses can crossover to operate on NYCT bus routes, ANYTHING is possible now. Nothing will surprise me from now on. The MTA and their bus moves are soooo unpredictible.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived