Yo! Bus Service Serves Pike Street Starting December 18th

Cait Sith

yo-bus-pike-location-620x340.jpg

YO! Bus finally received Community Board 3 endorsement for the curbside bus service last month. But not without incident, of course. The Greyhound-Peter Pan venture became a flashpoint back in September after proposing Seward Park as bus stop. NIMBYs immediately mobilized, politicians vehemently spoke out, and the DOT caved.

Fast forward. Now armed with a new traffic median pickup/dropoff location on Pike Street, YO! Bus is almost ready for action. The

website has been updated, and the first buses are scheduled. According to the GotoBus ticketing portal, service to Philadelphia begins Tuesday, December 18.

yo-bus-schedule-620x378.jpg

The brick-and-mortar ticket counter is located inside 98 East Broadway; bus stop is 3 Pike Street across from the old Mobil gas station. There are eight round trips per day (including both departures and arrivals), starting at 7am.

It begins…

Source --

http://www.boweryboogie.com/2012/12/yo-bus-begins-service-december-18-on-pike-street/

As a former Lower East Side/Chinatown resident, I am really happy that they are starting at Pike/East Broadway instead of Seward Park.

I drove around there a couple of times, I hope it won't disrupt the traffic as much as Bowery.

IMO, it should've been located where the old gas station was located, that median might screw up traffic patterns.

IMO, it should've been located where the old gas station was located, that median might screw up traffic patterns.

This is NYC. Common sense is very rarely used my friend. :o:D

Actually (too bad it's several blocks away to East Broadway (F) stop)the area by the Pathmark shopping center (FDR Drive and Pike Slip)is actually the best location right now to have the chinatown/discount bus companies serve Lower Manhattan/Chinatown area.

This is NYC. Common sense is very rarely used my friend. :o:D

Actually (too bad it's several blocks away to East Broadway (F) stop)the area by the Pathmark shopping center (FDR Drive and Pike Slip)is actually the best location right now to have the chinatown/discount bus companies serve Lower Manhattan/Chinatown area.

That area is being taken over once that Pathmark closes in 15 days.

That area is being taken over once that Pathmark closes in 15 days.

Oh ok! What taking over (Cait or anyone else can answer?)once that Pathmark on Pike and the FDR closes? I know the location is not the best but a decade or 15 years ago(before 9/11 & more box stores like "Whole Foods" opened)"Patthmark" at that location was always busy. Not sure about now as i not been to that store in about 4-5 years.

Oh ok! What taking over (Cait or anyone else can answer?)once that Pathmark on Pike and the FDR closes? I know the location is not the best but a decade or 15 years ago(before 9/11 & more box stores like "Whole Foods" opened)"Patthmark" at that location was always busy. Not sure about now as i not been to that store in about 4-5 years.

http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/tag/pathmark-store <---- Peep that.

Archived