LIRR CAM Position....Layoffs?

mastap123

I haven't seen or heard nothing about Cams being furloughed. But I can't say never with the leaders in DC screwing up it could have a huge trickle down effect to us since we are government workers. But let's hope they get their act together.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its the same. But we get more overtime and we have better options in where we want to work as far as yards ,times and shifts. In some rare instances you could even be a car repairmen helper in the shop or assisting a car inspector or engineer when help is needed in the yard.

@lirr154 thanks for all helping me get a better understanding because it was mentioned on the interview but they didn't bring up salary so neither did i,i guess if it was up to me i would rather be a cam it seems more interesting I'm just praying i get in whether its as a cam or oilers

• 1 month later...

As LIRR explained the CAM position, Ill just add, just come to work and clean your trains and nobody will have anything to say to you. My Partner went bye bye over the summer because of lateness while on probation. Its a good job and im heading to my 5th Yard tomorrow. I own a job (again) hopefully I wont get bumped again. Next time it comes up on the MTA Site, definitely apply for it. Good Luck!

Zach

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived