New training class 1/14/13

jr927

Hey Guys, I have a question concerning the training and the CDL exam. I start the training for Bus Operator on 1/14. I have my CDL permit. The question I have is: I know that during the class you have yo qualify in either 7 or 10 days to move on. Is this the CDL DMV road test or just something from the MTA.? or do I need to do the CDL DMV road test on my own? or is it given to us during the training?

Thanks

It's been a while for me.my class was 8/16/99. But what I remember the first seven days it was 4 students and a superintendent training us. We drove through queens,manhattan,and the Bronx. We were trained on the ways the mta wants us all to operate the bus. I made it in seven days so I don't know what happens on days 8-10.after the 7 day training we went with the instructors in mta buses to the road test site and were given are road tests one at a time using the mta bus.

Day 7 is your first chance to qualify to go to line training with mta. If you fail you get 2 more shots day 9 & 10. Once you qualify you pick ur depot for line training. While in training you'll be notified to report to zerega to take the DMV road test. Remember the same rules apply drive the ta way. One of my classmates passed line training but failed road test and had to resign. Good luck.

Your road test can be scheduled at anytime during line training which is about 4 weeks. It can actually be scheduled your first week of line training it happened to 2 of my classmates. As far as how many chances. If you qualify on day 7 or 9 you got 2 shots to pass. If your a day 10 you only got 1 shot. Best advice is study your pre trip be prepared and stay focused don't let nervousness get the best of you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived