Posting Images

User

Question

Since the update, I haven't been able to post images in the jpg format, which I primarily use. Anytime I try to post a jpg image in the IMG tags, say for instance the link below, I get this:

http://brettnyc.com/photos/1760.jpg

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

This happens on the forums in general, not only on the mobile version or the full version, both!

12 answers to this question

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Harry" data-cid="635310" data-time="1358784424"><p>

It seems to be working fine for me.<br />

<br />

Whatever bugs are left will stay until the next update from IPS which shouldn't be long. For the most part everything that's really important is functioning correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.</p></blockquote> This is a quote from your post as I type this from the mobile site.

For that one we'll have to wait.

Since the update, I haven't been able to post images in the jpg format, which I primarily use. Anytime I try to post a jpg image in the IMG tags, say for instance the link below, I get this:

http://brettnyc.com/photos/1760.jpg

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

This happens on the forums in general, not only on the mobile version or the full version, both!

I was getting this, too. And even more, when I edit my photo threads to change an image or order, I can't submit it because it logs me out.

Cool. Harry did his magic. Fixed.

No, if you try to link the image directly in a post with the IMG tabs and press post, you get the error. The only way to bypass the error is put your link in, click 'more reply options', look to see if the image loaded, then press post.

Oh I see. Gotcha. I guess we will have to wait on the patches to fix that problem, unless Harry has a different solution to fix that glitch. Well at least now we know how to temporarily bypass the problem to post the image urls by the method you just explained until Harry gets to fixing the bugs in the software.

Cat Sith said  that happens if it has to do with the mobile site, from a random post in the South Ferry thread in response to an inquiry over the same issue.  Maybe you guys should consider rolling back the patches and updates to it's original configuration we had before the problems started, then try the updates again. I have no idea how IP Board works (The closest to what I may understand it in terms of concepts may be through Microsoft Access/Outlook from my job experience), but I guess that's what I would do in a situation like this where it involves imageboard software. Just my two cents, hope I'm making some sort of sense here.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Harry" data-cid="635310" data-time="1358784424"><p>

It seems to be working fine for me.<br />

<br />

Whatever bugs are left will stay until the next update from IPS which shouldn't be long. For the most part everything that's really important is functioning correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.</p></blockquote> This is a quote from your post as I type this from the mobile site.

Archived