Make your own Rollsign

MattTrain

Something I made up. This is physically impossible, the R44s and R68As are the only R-types permitted on (NJT).

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=280

R42 from 1970. Erie Lackawanna did more for the subway then Penn Central ever thought of doing.

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=281

Something I made up. This is physically impossible, the R44s and R68As are the only R-types permitted on (NJT).

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=280

R42 from 1970. Erie Lackawanna did more for the subway then Penn Central ever thought of doing.

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=281

These are very creative! Great job. You don't have to make roll signs that make a route physically possible. It can be your own one point to another point destination. :D:o:D

speaking of rollsigns, id've loved to get my hands on one of the rollsigns from the recently reefed slants.

Good luck getting them, I'm sure they're for sale.

OMG....those are so hot. I saved the link in my Favorites on AOL. Thanks for sharing this:cool::o:D:D

Hey, no problem. I thought this stuff was interesting to share, and wondering who would like to make up roll signs of their favorite subway lines. Have fun with them.

Two more, R32 or R38 with (A) Sign

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=282

R42 with (S)(S) Flemington-Trenton sign. Penn Central allowed the route to fall into disrepair and Conrail eventually discontinued it.

picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=283

NJDOT used the primary colors of the three railroads on the signs and the colors of the (NYCT) signs for the routes. This was continued under post-Conrail operators.

Erie Lackawanna was maroon

Penn Central was green

Jersey Central was Blue

These are very creative! Great job. You don't have to make roll signs that make a route physically possible. It can be your own one point to another point destination. :D:o:D

For anyone who wants to know, the Erie Lackawanna/NJDOT (A)(A) became the (K) under (NJT) and was cut back to Townsquare Station. The last cars on the (K) to use the AA signs were the R10s since (NJT) didn't feel the need to replace the signs.

Archived