Pressed Steel BMT

Harry

One of the closed rolling stock of the Shoreline Trolley Museum. It would be great to have this car fully restored and in working condition.

2697885388_5a7748b5ca_o.jpg

Num/Owner/City: 2775 NYM (Brooklyn Manhattan Transit) NYC

Builder: Pressed Steel

Date Built: 1922

Num Trucks: 2

Truck Type: A55 archbar

Num Motors: 2

Motors: GE-248A

Controls: WH ABF

Brakes: AMUE

Compressor: D3F

Length: 67'3"

Weight: 96,320

Height:

Seats: 74

Ends: 2

OpenClosed: closed

Roof: deck

Structural: steel

Type: rt subway "AB"

Guidebook: 57,58

Comment: Was converted to single-ended, MCM control in 1950s

Yeah...they have some cool stuff up there. Old SIR cars. They put garbage in the journal boxes, I know there's a reason why but I'm trying to figure out what it is...

After you guys left last time Harry we got the private tour of 6688...all in all it was pretty cool. Next time I'm up there I plan on checking out more of what's laid up in/around the barns or on the other side where the SIR car and the Standard are.

Yeah...they have some cool stuff up there. Old SIR cars. They put garbage in the journal boxes, I know there's a reason why but I'm trying to figure out what it is...

After you guys left last time Harry we got the private tour of 6688...all in all it was pretty cool. Next time I'm up there I plan on checking out more of what's laid up in/around the barns or on the other side where the SIR car and the Standard are.

Too bad I had to go. I really wanted to operate that one if it was available or 1689. Maybe next time.

Wow, yeah, it would be great to see that restored.

I believe slowly they're at least trying to restore some or most of their collection.

Archived