Adhesive for rubber feet for laptop

Via Garibaldi 8

One of the rubbers came off of my laptop recently and I've been looking for an adhesive to use to put it back in place. The laptop is in perfect shape otherwise since I put it in a special laptop bag designed for it that this company makes out in Washington.  I've heard about Gorilla Glue being an option as nothing else seems to work from what I've read and I don't want to use something that makes matters worse.  I figured I'd ask here since there's lots of computer geeks around here  :lol:, so what say you all? Any feedback on this stuff and where can I find it? Does a Stop & Shop or a Staples or Office Max carry this stuff?  

Laptop brand? Model? Usually the brand's website would sell replacements and such.  If not newegg or Amazon or the stores listed may carry generic replacements/reputable brand replacements.

If all else fails, improvise with double-sized tape on all corners.

Laptop brand? Model? Usually the brand's website would sell replacements and such.  If not newegg or Amazon or the stores listed may carry generic replacements/reputable brand replacements.

lol... It's a Fujistu Lifebook E Series, Model E751, Made in Japan... I actually have the rubber piece that came off in one of my cufflink cases  :lol:, but I just need to find a good glue to glue the piece back...

Hmmmmmmm....... Double size tape, that's smart on your part to suggest that.

VG8: Gorilla glue usually will work pretty nicely. Or you can get self adhesive rubber feet from your manufacturer as peacemak3r was saying.

Here, you can shop for the appropriare part on ebay from this link, scroll down to see different manufacturers that offer replacement rubber feet: http://compare.ebay.com/like/221156870701?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

!Bhu7q1QB2k~$(KGrHqUOKkMEsn4YTfigBLKkrzW

Hmmmmmmm....... Double size tape, that's smart on your part to suggest that.

VG8: Gorilla glue usually will work pretty nicely. Or you can get self adhesive rubber feet from your manufacturer as peacemak3r was saying.

Here, you can shop for the appropriare part on ebay from this link, scroll down to see different manufacturers that offer replacement rubber feet: http://compare.ebay.com/like/221156870701?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

!Bhu7q1QB2k~$(KGrHqUOKkMEsn4YTfigBLKkrzW

Nah, don't need that stuff since I already have it. Where can I find that gorilla glue at in a store here in the city?  I was thinking maybe Staples, or Office Max or something may have it.

True it does. But just for the record you can find gorilla glue at most hardware retailers, such as Home Depot.

Excellent.... To Home Depot I shall go then... Thanks!  :D

Any one of these which suits best: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Adhesives/Tapes/Products/?N=5485815&rt=c3 and it will never fall off again :P

Glue loves eating plastics.

I'm sort of anti tape because for what I paid for this bloody laptop I don't want it to look like a cheap knockoff...  <_<

I'm sort of anti tape because for what I paid for this bloody laptop I don't want it to look like a cheap knockoff...  <_<

Some Home Depots also offer the 3M products suggested by my tech partner rr4567

And you're welcome sir!

No, you don't understand the point of the double sided industrial tape - you stick it in between the pad and the computer, just like they do at the factory, but because it's industrial, it'll never fall off again. And the best part is you don't see it.

No, you don't understand the point of the double sided industrial tape - you stick it in between the pad and the computer, just like they do at the factory, but because it's industrial, it'll never fall off again. And the best part is you don't see it.

No, I understand the point of it... It's just the other rubbers aren't adhered that way and I want them all to be the same. I'm picky I know but that's why I spent what I did on this laptop. lol

No, I understand the point of it... It's just the other rubbers aren't adhered that way and I want them all to be the same. I'm picky I know but that's why I spent what I did on this laptop. lol

Oh, your laptop must use that sticky gelatin-like stuff.

Indeed, it's a good way for a quick fix. I can dig what you're saying. A laptop must sit on feet or some sort for adequate ventilation and so as to not block the fan otherwise your laptop will seriously fry, HDD first. Particularly if your laptop used a SSD. I doublechecked btw --- All Home Depots carry the double-sided 3M velcro tape along with Gorilla Glue.

@ VG8 I've also noticed Mr. Garibaldi you stated in the past (was it in chat?) that you have the habit of sitting your personal laptops on your couch or your bed or I imagine all over paperwork scattered on your desk at work when you deal with your high profile clients at the office..... DONT DO THAT SIR! Please! That's a no-no. It will cause your laptop to overheat to the point of no return because now all your vent ports and the CPU fan is obstructed to the point you will have to send it to the tech shop for costly repairs. You can even completely destroy your laptop or seriously reduce the life expectancy of the laptop this way. Always see to it to sit the laptop on a flat surface such as the average table.

Indeed, it's a good way for a quick fix. I can dig what you're saying. A laptop must sit on feet or some sort for adequate ventilation and so as to not block the fan otherwise your laptop will seriously fry, HDD first. Particularly if your laptop used a SSD. I doublechecked btw --- All Home Depots carry the double-sided 3M velcro tape along with Gorilla Glue.

@ VG8 I've also noticed Mr. Garibaldi you stated in the past (was it in chat?) that you have the habit of sitting your personal laptops on your couch or your bed or I imagine all over paperwork scattered on your desk at work when you deal with your high profile clients at the office..... DONT DO THAT SIR! Please! That's a no-no. It will cause your laptop to overheat to the point of no return because now all your vent ports and the CPU fan is obstructed to the point you will have to send it to the tech shop for costly repairs. You can even completely destroy your laptop or seriously reduce the life expectancy of the laptop this way. Always see to it to sit the laptop on a flat surface such as the average table.

No on my bed, but it's a flat surface... The rubbers are actually built ins on the bottom of the laptop and not glued in anywhere and are perfectly fine. One rubber on the side of my laptop came out but I didn't know what it was called so that's why I called them the rubber feet since those tend to come off on older laptops.  No I know the deal... I take good care of my laptop and my office desk is big enough to have a space for my printer, desktop, flat screen keyboard, papers and everything else. 

Oh, your laptop must use that sticky gelatin-like stuff.

Yep that's it...

No on my bed, but it's a flat surface... The rubbers are actually built ins on the bottom of the laptop and not glued in anywhere and are perfectly fine. One rubber on the side of my laptop came out but I didn't know what it was called so that's why I called them the rubber feet since those tend to come off on older laptops.  No I know the deal... I take good care of my laptop and my office desk is big enough to have a space for my printer, desktop, flat screen keyboard, papers and everything else. 

Yep that's it...

Very smart on your part. You're on point on proper laptop care.

@ VG8 I've also noticed Mr. Garibaldi you stated in the past (was it in chat?) that you have the habit of sitting your personal laptops on your couch or your bed or I imagine all over paperwork scattered on your desk at work when you deal with your high profile clients at the office..... DONT DO THAT SIR! Please! That's a no-no. It will cause your laptop to overheat to the point of no return because now all your vent ports and the CPU fan is obstructed to the point you will have to send it to the tech shop for costly repairs. You can even completely destroy your laptop or seriously reduce the life expectancy of the laptop this way. 

I remember the day my laptop hit 220 degrees Fahrenheit. Playing a game. With it on the table. And then three months later it died, because I got lucky enough to get one of these: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1028703/all-nvidia-g84-g86s-bad

I remember the day my laptop hit 220 degrees Fahrenheit. Playing a game. With it on the table. And then three months later it died, because I got lucky enough to get one of these: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1028703/all-nvidia-g84-g86s-bad

What! Wow!! You can fry an egg or two on the face of the laptop at temperatures like that. 220 degrees Fahrenheit! Man that must have been one serious no joke graphics intense game.

What! Wow!! You can fry an egg or two on the face of the laptop at temperatures like that. 220 degrees Fahrenheit! Man that must have been one serious no joke graphics intense game.

The mouse was barely usable because it was starting to roast. And forget about touching the bottom :P

Archived