Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
8thAveExpress

Nice little catch

Your really lucky to catch this, I believe this is the Rail Adhesion train. Those 10 cars with no windows at the end of the train hold rails, if you notice inbetween cars are cut out spaces so rails can move around in the cars when the train goes on curves. I believe those are retired R14's, I call those Zombie cars since they are dead... but still alive :P.

• Upvote 2

Your really lucky to catch this, I believe this is the Rail Adhesion train. Those 10 cars with no windows at the end of the train hold rails, if you notice inbetween cars are cut out spaces so rails can move around in the cars when the train goes on curves. I believe those are retired R14's, I call those Zombie cars since they are dead... but still alive :P.

Nope, those are R17s, R21s, and R22s. Unless they're being shunted around, they may be delivering rails to the (7) train extension lol.

• Upvote 2

Its actually called the Continuous Welded Rail Handler cars (officially R123)

Its 2 sets of 8-car trains (CCR01-08, DCR01-08). CCR01-08 is made up entirely of R21s and R22s, while DCR01-08 has 6 cars of R21s and R22s and 2 cars of R17s.

They both sit at Linden shops over here in Brownsville, I see them occasionally when they come out

http://nycsubway.org/wiki/R-123_Continuous_Welded_Rail_Cars «««more infoinfo

• Upvote 1