Some Amtrak on the Hudson

Fred G

South of Poughkeepsie and north of Peekskill, here are a few shots you might like and some spots you might want to try if you haven't already.

14+Amtrak+P32DM+710+passing+New+Hamburg.jpg

New Hamburg

16+Amtrak+P32DM+701+passing+New+Hamburg.jpg

New Hamburg again.

19+Amtrak+P32DM+704+at+Little+Stony+Point.jpg

Little Stony Point. That's Breakneck Ridge in the background. There's a pedestrian overpass with the standard chain link that you can get a pic through.

I knew you were going to head out there soon. I gotta go back up there again, but for photos. (Reminder: Always pack the battery in the camera before leaving home, instead of getting to New York City, pick up the camera and it feels lighter, only to realize battery is not there. Good thing friends look out for each other.)

Anyways, fastastic photos Fred!

Was that the empire service?
Yes.

I knew you were going to head out there soon. I gotta go back up there again, but for photos. (Reminder: Always pack the battery in the camera before leaving home, instead of getting to New York City, pick up the camera and it feels lighter, only to realize battery is not there. Good thing friends look out for each other.)

Anyways, fastastic photos Fred!

Yes.

Recently I packed up the lenses and stuff and headed to Danbury only to realize I forgot the camera body!! :eek: I just turned around and headed home; it was too much to watch all these photo ops happening and me with no camera. LOL I was even gettin cocky about how fast I got out of the house :)

Thanks for the compliment, Pablo and I second your yeah that it's Empire Service.

Recently I packed up the lenses and stuff and headed to Danbury only to realize I forgot the camera body!! :eek: I just turned around and headed home; it was too much to watch all these photo ops happening and me with no camera. LOL I was even gettin cocky about how fast I got out of the house :)
I was in the upper West Side that day when I realized I had no power. I was close to turning around and go right back to Jersey since my ride to Connecticut wasn't up yet but then a few minutes later he shows up with a car. Good a friend I went with has an extra camera he uses for video purposes only thats all I did all day!

Nice pics!! Looks like an interesting place to take photos.

Thanks, and it is. There's a lot of good scenery up that way.

Great shots, my favorite is the second one.

Thanks! Gotta keep your eyes and ears peeled up there cuz they can sneak up on you, from the north anyway.

Wonderful Amtrak pics

Thank you :)

Beautiful stuff!

Was that the empire service?

- Andy

Thanks, and yes.

Archived