Dean Street Bus

Harry

Wow, is it really there? Damn. I might go down there and take a pic, lol. Anyway, it's one of the older models. At first glance I thought it looked like a Steinway Transit bus, but ST has been dead for like 30 years and I don't believe they ever got the "newer" ones, so it can't be that.

Where is it exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Google Earth at Dean and Grand, at 870 Dean Street. :)

On Google Earth street view, it shows Monsey Trails right in front of the lot, so it probably belongs to them. I also recall that there's a Crown Heights Community Bus that runs around there, so it *might* be that they use that RTS to run that line, but that's speculation on my part. It makes sense, though, since they've used RTS in the past, and Monsey and Crown Heights tend to serve Jewish clientele.

Now the other part of the problem is finding out what agency was it that sold it.

It's been posted before. Notice that they removed the Calvary Chapel Nampa. Makes sense if the Chrisitan Crusaders sold it to Monsey Trails:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/33628-interesting-find-of-a-tmc-rts-t70-606-on-fulton-at-nostrand/

+Note this thread will be moved to the Regional Forum shortly as it will get more visibility here

I was checking out some B44 runs, and as I began to head towards Nostrand to jump on the (A), my breath was taken away as I came across this TMC. Needless to say, I chose to jump on 4966 to head downtown so I could post this. I didn't think to ass the driver who was sitting on it if I could board and get the VIN?

Has anyone ever seen this bus before??

Does anyone know what agency it came from?? (SMART I am assuming.. whoever they are.. definitely not Detroit)

Does anyone know why it was parked on Fulton??

Sorry about the photo quality, I didnt think to clean the lense on this Evo before I shot the pics.

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

And from the same thread, it looks like it came from San Joaquin Regional Transit District:

I found this photo on google, website is voiceofdetriot.net.

SMART_Bus_2.jpg

It's been posted before. Notice that they removed the Calvary Chapel Nampa. Makes sense if the Chrisitan Crusaders sold it to Monsey Trails:

And from the same thread, it looks like it came from San Joaquin Regional Transit District:

There you go I knew there had to be something on here about this bus. Thanks!

Archived