LAX shooting: Gunman opens fire inside Los Angeles International Airport

rosskin92

post-5097-0-74057400-1383335353_thumb.jpg
At least two people, including a TSA worker, were shot when a gunman opened fire inside a busy terminal at Los Angeles International Airport, according to a report. The shooter apparently confronted the security worker before firing a round in the man's leg and squeezing off several shots inside Terminal 3 about 9:30 a.m., NBC Los Angeles reported. At least one other person was shot before authorities managed to nab the suspect, who was reportedly armed with a rifle. It was not immediately clear how bad the two people were hurt or if any other victims were shot in the gunfire. One person was being treated for a sprained ankle. A law enforcement source told the Daily News that the suspect was taken into custody alive. All departing flights remained grounded an hour later as cops began evacuating neighboring terminals. Buses were spotted driving passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-74057400-1383335353_thumb.jpg

Seems these incidences of homegrown domestic terrorism is on the rise taking its' turn for the worse. Bloody school and mall shootings, deadly bombings at public events now this. I'm definitely following this as the events unfold as to what the motive is, but it sounds like an isolated case from the turnout of the facts revealed from recent bloody trends we are seeing across the nation.

I don't see any fatalities so far. Its very fortunate the LAPD SWAT units and also  wise actions on the part of the TSA handled this in a split second response and apprehended the suspect.

Seems these incidences of homegrown domestic terrorism is on the rise taking its' turn for the worse. Bloody school and mall shootings, deadly bombings at public events now this. I'm definitely following this as the events unfold as to what the motive is, but it sounds like an isolated case from the turnout of the facts revealed from recent bloody trends we are seeing across the nation.

I don't see any fatalities so far. Its very fortunate the LAPD SWAT units and also  wise actions on the part of the TSA handled this in a split second response and apprehended the suspect.

I second this. However it sounds like there is some one dead now.

And thanks to who ever formated my post and moved it... i was rushing to do it on the Metra with crappy wifi.

It's all for attention.

Really these guys could go do harm to themselves and end it right there and then (which I don't advocate), but because of the mass affect and portrayal of the attacker there is somewhat of an incentive to commit such acts.

the fact that he grew up in Pennsville, New Jersey shocked me even more, and how he called his family saying that he "may never live"

It doesnt suprise me that he was able to bring the weapon to the west coast (assuming it was bought out east).

TSA/FAA regulations allow guns and ammuntion to be brought as checked baggage.

And in some places , it is sadly easy for some one who is mentally unstable to get a gun in their hands....

Archived