Boeing airliner crashes in Russia, 50 killed

BM5 via Woodhaven

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Boeing 737 airliner crashed on Sunday in the Russian city of Kazan, killing all 50 people on board and spotlighting the poor safety record of regional airlines that ply internal routes across the world's largest nation.

The son of the president of the oil-rich province of Tatarstan and the regional head of the FSB intelligence service were named among those killed when the plane exploded in a ball of fire on hitting the runway.

Pictures showed charred wreckage scattered over a wide area, apparently taken after firefighters had extinguished the fire. Russian television broadcast a blurred video showing a bright flash of light. It also published a photo of the plane's gaping fuselage with firefighters in the foreground.

The Tatarstan airlines flight from Moscow had been trying to abort its landing in order to make a second approach when it crashed, killing all 44 passengers and six crew on board, emergency officials said.

Flight U363 took off from Moscow's Domodedovo airport at 6:25 pm (1425 GMT) and crashed just over an hour later, emergency officials said. The leased plane was 23 years old.

For more Info: http://news.yahoo.com/boeing-airliner-crashes-russian-city-kazan-50-killed-162730694--finance.html

Russia's airlines and jets usually doesn't have good quality in safety. Even though the Boeing 737 was made in America not Russia the crash highlights how far behind the safety rules and regulations in Russia is compared to the west. Russia does need to improve standards in safety for their planes along with their airlines..........

Russia's airlines and jets usually doesn't have good quality in safety. Even though the Boeing 737 was made in America not Russia the crash highlights how far behind the safety rules and regulations in Russia is compared to the west. Russia does need to improve standards in safety for their planes along with their airlines..........

It wasnt always like this however.

After the soviet union fell, professionalism and maintinance took a nose dive for all russian airlines for many years, even Aeroflot. Its improved, but the vast manority of crashes were pilot error . In this case, it seems to defiently be maintannce.

The high percentage of crashes in russia , especially on russian jets doesnt scare me. I would love to fly on a TU 204 if i get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

Archived