Interior Facing Cameras--good or bad idea?

FRACertifyMotormen

I want to know who is watching them . A camera would not of prevented the accident that happened MNRR. This is just more political hot air done especially by Chuckie Cheese to the public that his job is worthwhile or he is doing something. I think its invasion of privacy. Are there any cameras there in the boardroom or the offices where mismanagement of funds is happening regularly or money wasted on these huge projects. Thats hurting commuters more then anything.

I want to know who is watching them . A camera would not of prevented the accident that happened MNRR. This is just more political hot air done especially by Chuckie Cheese to the public that his job is worthwhile or he is doing something. I think its invasion of privacy. Are there any cameras there in the boardroom or the offices where mismanagement of funds is happening regularly or money wasted on these huge projects. Thats hurting commuters more then anything.

Ah well this is what happens when people are killed.  

Ah well this is what happens when people are killed.

And that's very unfortunate. But is a camera going to stop a derailment or the PTC system that should of been installed long time ago. I wonder why ole Chuckie isn't asking that question. Or is he afraid to rub the wrong people off.

And that's very unfortunate. But is a camera going to stop a derailment or the PTC system that should of been installed long time ago. I wonder why ole Chuckie isn't asking that question. Or is he afraid to rub the wrong people off.

All I can say is that the community here in Riverdale want answers and changes (myself included) and want to ensure that the tragic accident near the Spuyten Duyvil station doesn't happen again.  The local leaders here have been very vocal since this is the second derailment in our area.  That vocalness comes from them receiving feedback from a very vocal and politically powerful Riverdale community, so this is what you get.  It isn't just Schumer. There are several politicians looking for answers and Chuck knows who votes for him... As a user of Metro-North I was relieved to see the new speed restrictions put into place around that curve and while I'm not sure if cameras are the answer, changes are needed to ensure that the public feels comfortable using not just Metro-North but our rail system in general.

As a user of Metro-North I was relieved to see the new speed restrictions put into place around that curve.....

No new speed restrictions since the derailment. Just more awarness.

As far as the cameras? Mix feelings. If everyone is doing the right thing, there shouldn't be any issues. It would not have prevented what happened, just provide more answers as to how it happened.

I'm not going to say it's an invasion of privacy, just because you're locked in a box doesn't mean you're free to do what you want. My concern is 1) over zealous management and 2) cost. It's not just the cost of putting a camera on each end of the train. Every car on electric equipment will need one as cars get swapped around daily. What will be at the end of the train today, may not be tomorrow.

No new speed restrictions since the derailment. Just more awarness.

As far as the cameras? Mix feelings. If everyone is doing the right thing, there shouldn't be any issues. It would not have prevented what happened, just provide more answers as to how it happened.

I'm not going to say it's an invasion of privacy, just because you're locked in a box doesn't mean you're free to do what you want. My concern is 1) over zealous management and 2) cost. It's not just the cost of putting a camera on each end of the train. Every car on electric equipment will need one as cars get swapped around daily. What will be at the end of the train today, may not be tomorrow.

I think I can understand what you mean. Overzealous management in the sense that supervisors can become abusive and may use every minor infringement seen as a form of employee retaliation with the footage recorded from inward facing cameras.

Archived