How soon will I see this Next generation Orion VII

tramrunner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NYC_Transit_Orion_VII_Next_Generation_hybrid_3800.jpg

as I see on this picuture, it is somewhere at Rockaways Peninsula. So it belongs to MTA bus, and will operate on MTA routes. So will it be possible to see it on Q35, B103, B100, etc?

The first of the hybrids will go to NYCT not MTA Bus. 3800 was the pre-production demo. IIRC MTA Bus will get NG's around this time next year. NYCT will have 3800-4544 and MTA Bus will get 4545-4649. But don't quote me on who will get what numbers as the MTA may change that in a heartbeat.

This is the NG news thread. http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NYC_Transit_Orion_VII_Next_Generation_hybrid_3800.jpg

as I see on this picuture, it is somewhere at Rockaways Peninsula. So it belongs to MTA bus, and will operate on MTA routes. So will it be possible to see it on Q35, B103, B100, etc?

actually you're close. the photo was taken at floyd Bennet field across from rockaway. and the bus does not ahve any official decals so it doesn't mean anything. the bus is at Orion factory right now thought 3802 is here.

As far as I remember, the first Orion V s vere delivered to Staten Island in the begining of 1990ies.

And still, my question is: how soon will newer buses reach B36, B44, B49, etc.

I think it will be quite a while before we start to see hybrids on any Flatbush routes.

I think it will be quite a while before we start to see hybrids on any Flatbush routes.

yeah its not part of the plans for Flatbush 'cause they got "pretty new RTS, the 5xxx and the late 9xxx series". the nearest possible depots are staten island and there is a slim chance for ulmer but no flatbush will not get new or now-active-newer buses.

yeah its not part of the plans for Flatbush 'cause they got "pretty new RTS, the 5xxx and the late 9xxx series". the nearest possible depots are staten island and there is a slim chance for ulmer but no flatbush will not get new or now-active-newer buses.

I would love to see some of those ZF RTS' on some East New York or Quill routes!! 5075-5099 to Quill, and 5100-5124 to ENY!! That would be hot!!

What's the difference between the 5000-low 5100s and the rest of the series? I should know this but I can't remember if it was the engine or the transmission or both.

I'm waiting to see something other than an O5 on a KB route. Screeching fan belts, cracks, illegible signs and rust get old real fast. I honestly would go crazy if KB got NG O7's. Maybe take my 1st bus pics...

What's the difference between the 5000-low 5100s and the rest of the series? I should know this but I can't remember if it was the engine or the transmission or both.

I'm waiting to see something other than an O5 on a KB route. Screeching fan belts, cracks, illegible signs and rust get old real fast. I honestly would go crazy if KB got NG O7's. Maybe take my 1st bus pics...

From 5075 on they have ZF Ecomats instead of Allision V731s on the rest of the RTS.

Detroit Diesel Series 50 and ZF Ecomat HP590 or HP592 forgot which one...

Archived