Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BusOperator3319

MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

19 hours ago, LeoSimmy said:

Tomorrow is day 6 of training & day 6 & 7 go together thanks for the info calling out all I see we pulled numbers who will go first in the morning down town Manhattan am lucky number 1 any knows how down town traffic is early between 630 & 8am? 

what do you mean they go together? as in both days are for testing everyone? or each person test on both days?

U have to have a perfect day 6 n 7 to qualify on day 7 if not u go to another Depot with a different superintendent for days 8 n 9 . If u don't have ur license n don't qualify on day 7 . U only get 1 road test

Day 8 is just to correct mistakes day 9 is obstacle course in Manhattan to qualify a couple of turns nothing crazy very easy to qualify

I was scared of the El pillars that's easy now once u set it up along with straight backing & parallel parking 

My problem is when ever I c somthing in both mirrors or just 1 mirror I keep lookng at it I would stop the bus lets say a bike but fail to look in the other mirror before I pull off & what u know some 1 could b coming across from that side but I'll tell u what lesson learned today tomorrow I'll work on that more before day 8 & 9

Keep calling thing's out it keeps u focused also they call it a obstacle course because it's 2 turns u have to manuver properly by remember ur pivot points also there is a crazy Left after servicing a BS on coming traffic turning n also Left lane turning. Look at it b4 u execute.

Watch that Left they turn also. Angle out n take both lanes it's a Right turn into the far Left Lane because after the Right u have to make a left at the corner

See it b4 u do it

I think I understand u take up both lanes to make the right turn bec u have yo clear that rear right wheel 

No the bus stop is on the right b4 the corner. There's 2 turning right lanes ur on the right at the bs now there's a right turning Lane on ur Left. Facing u (on coming traffic) r also turning. So u block ur left side From turning in front of u n u pull up to block on coming traffic from turning

It's a hook turn but u have to block oncoming traffic n ur Left. Set it up Right even if u gotta wait but watch that light

We were down town Manhattan today we did a turn like that we made a right service the BS then made a left but we could not make the left onto incoming traffic so we blocked the traffic on the left we set up the turn keeping the bus straight as soon as our light turn red we make turn but the left turn u have to set it up or else ur left rear wheel will end up on the island on the left side 

It's somthing like that but on the other side turning left where yr bus is now on the pic & the turn was thight I made the turn but by then I failed earlier in the day

U on it own but it's simply turns u b fine if I remember ur pivots n talk it out it's a new superintendent

Watch that Left they turn also. Angle out n take both lanes it's a Right turn into the far Left Lane because after the Right u have to make a left at the corner

See it b4 u do it

Yes like ur picture but oncoming traffic is From a 1 way block facing u to 

question does anyone know what the benefits are with the position and if you are able to change depots in different boroughs like Brooklyn queens Staten Island Etc...

Benefits are Aetna $30 pay period for everything union benefits free n union pays for braces up to age 18.  If you r OA u can work in any TA Depot except for queens ie. Qv Casey stengal n Jamaica. It also depends on Wat depot's r available at the Time u pick deport at zerega. U can only change depots during Dec.

44 minutes ago, mtawife said:

Benefits are Aetna $30 pay period for everything union benefits free n union pays for braces up to age 18.  If you r OA u can work in any TA Depot except for queens ie. Qv Casey stengal n Jamaica. It also depends on Wat depot's r available at the Time u pick deport at zerega. U can only change depots during Dec.

@mtawife this is a Union position correct? i am just being called for medical and i am curios to know when i find out about benefits vacation other depots etc.