Is there a TSS or someone knowlegable able to answer this?

Dandre

My younger cousin was hired as a T/O and was on probation. He had just became road qualified and was out of school car only 1 week and he had to resign as he had a family member fall ill and he was the only one still in NYC that could take care of the old man. When he resigned in March he was still on probation.

Someone said he may be able to get  name put back on the list and possibly be considered to be rehired. Is this true? Does anyone know the process for this? Does he have to go through school car all over again even thought he passed all of his finals and was yard and road qualified? I feel bad for him because he was a top notch student, the top of his class and had no incidents but had no choice to resign cause the old man needed his help.

Let me first say that I am NOT a NYC Transit employee in any way, shape or form.

What I would personally do is write a letter to the President of NYC Transit, the Vice President of Human Resources and whoever else in higher authority that you feel should hear about this. If you can include any documentation in any way, shape, or form, such as a doctor's note, it would definitely help.

My younger cousin was hired as a T/O and was on probation. He had just became road qualified and was out of school car only 1 week and he had to resign as he had a family member fall ill and he was the only one still in NYC that could take care of the old man. When he resigned in March he was still on probation.

Someone said he may be able to get  name put back on the list and possibly be considered to be rehired. Is this true? Does anyone know the process for this? Does he have to go through school car all over again even thought he passed all of his finals and was yard and road qualified? I feel bad for him because he was a top notch student, the top of his class and had no incidents but had no choice to resign cause the old man needed his help.

Have him contact the union by phone. It's entirely possible, but you have to make sure he dots his i's and crosses his t's to get it done correctly.

He will probably have to go through schoolcar again. For a fact, he will go back to the bottom for seniority, and if what little in his pension from his prior service time was paid out to him, he will have to buy back the prior service time (and should do so immediately if rehired).

Let me first say that I am NOT a NYC Transit employee in any way, shape or form.

What I would personally do is write a letter to the President of NYC Transit, the Vice President of Human Resources and whoever else in higher authority that you feel should hear about this. If you can include any documentation in any way, shape, or form, such as a doctor's note, it would definitely help.

Subway Guy gave the correct response I don't think the president of RTO has a say in human recourses there are procedures to be followed..

Archived