What is this? 3m Opticom PCS

WannaBeMTA12

I noticed in the manual

" 2.1 Intended Use

The system is intended to assist authorized priority vehicles through signalized intersections by providing temporary right-of-way through vehicle operator interface to the system and through the use of common traffic controller functions."

So basically it was used to let the bus run lights?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I noticed in the manual " 2.1 Intended Use The system is intended to assist authorized priority vehicles through signalized intersections by providing temporary right-of-way through vehicle operator interface to the system and through the use of common traffic controller functions." So basically it was used to let the bus run lights? Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I think it was for longer yellow lights and faster green lights so buses can operate more efficiently.

Isn't that whole belief thing what they wanted to use on the Select Bus Service routes?

I saw one in an Orion V, so maybe it's for signal control across the board.

Yea it was in 6210

But it doesn't work anymore

Yea it was in 6210 But it doesn't work anymore

That explains it.

Staten Island was the first and only borough at the time to receive signal priority before SBS was born. I think a vast majority of the buses you guys got from them recently should still have those devices.

That's the only one I so far with the unit still intact.

Other buses have the unit gone but the bracket still attached.

I noticed the hybrids (4xxx series) have the plug for them so they were maybe contemplating them in those too.

Also I spoke to an older operator today....he said "they used it in SI like an ambulance to get thru traffic"...and 6210 was Def was SI because u can see the castleton sticker under the CS sticker

That's the only one I so far with the unit still intact. Other buses have the unit gone but the bracket still attached. I noticed the hybrids (4xxx series) have the plug for them so they were maybe contemplating them in those too. Also I spoke to an older operator today....he said "they used it in SI like an ambulance to get thru traffic"...and 6210 was Def was SI because u can see the castleton sticker under the CS sticker Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yes sir, I would've thought the other 6200s and the bits of 6300s you guys got would still have them. The 6100s you guys got from them I completely forgot the numbers for.

That's the only one I so far with the unit still intact. Other buses have the unit gone but the bracket still attached. I noticed the hybrids (4xxx series) have the plug for them so they were maybe contemplating them in those too. Also I spoke to an older operator today....he said "they used it in SI like an ambulance to get thru traffic"...and 6210 was Def was SI because u can see the castleton sticker under the CS sticker Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yes sir, I would've thought the other 6200s and the bits of 6300s you guys got would still have them. The 6100s you guys got from them I completely forgot the numbers for.

Well yea the 60xx, 61xx, and 62xx Def have remnants of the opticom in them, it's jus so far I only noticed 6210 with the whole package still installed.

I don't think we have any 63xx....maybe one or two thou, I haven't driven every bus CS has.

that system looks like it would cause chaos thou. I'm hot a few time points....I'm looking for red lights.

Also a vast majority of Manhattanvilles fleet have the plug for it, Gun Hill also...As well as CS hybrids too. I always thought it was as diagnostic port.

Now I kno it was for that opticom

Archived