Several apps don't have real time subway info currently

Abba

I am not happy about this.It appears the MTA has changed the feed it uses for the real time info and a lot of apps aren't currently showing the data.For example BusNYc Moovit and INtime NYC aren't showing it and I heard it might require each app to release a new version of the app.Anyone know more about this?

There are always upgrades and fixes that go into such programs, and they might no end well.

From my 2 plus years of playing Star Trek Online, I've come to understand this issue quite well.

Even came up with a name for it, "The Jenga Effect." Move one peice and the whole thing can collapse.

In late may of last year, the game added an expansion pack that added the Romulans as a playable faction (on top of the pre-existing Federation and Klingons). A few months prior they had added a new area of space that featured a new planet "New Romulus" as a new Romulan home world to replace the one blown up in Star Trek 2009 and serve as base for the Romulan Republic, a faction of nice romulans lead by a student of Spock (and of which the Romulan player character is a member). It includes a ground map (Star Trek Online is split between ground [play as the captain/third person shooter] and space maps [play as the ship/space simulator]) with lots of activities to do and "doors"(interactive objects, often actual doors) to "instances" (mission/levels/quests/dungeons) that form a story about the planet

So in May of this year, the people who make the game decided to celebrate one year of the expansion by increasing the value of the rewards on the planet. Sounds simple, right?

Wrong. The map was accidently made useless. The doors were suddenly broken and only parts of one activity worked (collect various samples around a river, only two types of samples out of four were findable). This issue started on Thursday and was not fixed for at least 24 hours.

And that is just one example. Simple mistakes have lead to thing such important NPCs being misplaced to an entire space station (the one from the episode with the Tribbles) disappearing. Missions rendered unplayable. Items that cost real money left useless. prizes won in contests are delayed delivery because a simple code stopped working...

I won a hyper rare ship part in a contest a week and a half ago and they still haven't sent it to me. The item was a originally a pre order reward part from launch in , and the codes appear to have broken when the game went "Free to Play if you don 't feel like paying" in early 2012 and they made it so you would just download the core software for free.

Now this is an active MMO with a very active, paying (and quite bitchy) player base, these sorts of things are forced to be fixed right away.

A free app relying on someone else's data feed is in an even more susceptible to a single digit of of place causing it to crash and burn.

I think it had to do with SIR being added to the real-time feeds. It's started working in iTrans again. As well as NextStop.

It started working again WITHOUT the app itself being updated - I think it's a matter of the App Developer updated their server which feeds the real-time data. 

The apps themselves aren't allowed to ping the MTA server directly. (You get an API key limited to like 50,000 requests a month I think, enough to update your servers every minute). 

I think it had to do with SIR being added to the real-time feeds. It's started working in iTrans again. As well as NextStop.

It started working again WITHOUT the app itself being updated - I think it's a matter of the App Developer updated their server which feeds the real-time data. 

The apps themselves aren't allowed to ping the MTA server directly. (You get an API key limited to like 50,000 requests a month I think, enough to update your servers every minute).

Right this is the problem.I really don't know why the MTA didn't document this,

Archived