Q44 SelectBusService?

Mysterious2train

The problem with the Q25 is the bunching. Four buses can show up within a short time and it happens all the time. SBS wouldn't be much of a solution but more of a way to encourage people to take the Q25 in return boosting ridership.

The Q44 ridership has pretty much been the same the only difference is that there are less buses operating on that route which make it seem like the Q44 had a huge gain. The Q20 has lost ridership but it still has good usage during rush hours and in College Point.

That's the worst. It's scheduled to come every what on weekends - every 15 minutes? But because of bunching, they come every 30. Rush hour seems to be the best in terms of bunching. Midday is terrible - I have to take the Q17 and walk 4 blocks to get home every Monday when I skip after school. My friend also waits a huge amount of time, then gets 5 buses in a row.

Actually, once saw 5 Q17s at once stuck in a traffic jam near Holly Avenue the first day of school.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why the q44 makes so many stops along Union and Parsons when the Q20a/b run pretty frequent, If anything it should just stop at 35th ave, 26th ave and 14th ave. 

4-6 stops isn't that much for an area that has high demand for bus service. I think that's about fine.

Archived