Q44 SelectBusService?

Mysterious2train

Exactly. The Q20 replaces the Q44 local during the day, so I'm not 100% sure if there will be Q44 service late nights.

The BX12 local runs between Sedgwick Avenue and Pelham Bay Park while The BX12 SBS runs between Inwood and Bay Plaza. During late nights, the BX12 local runs the full route.

The M15 local and SBS both run the same route, with a few locals ending at Pike/Division Streets.

The M34 and S79 got local service replaced with SBS. Late night local service did not exist for these two routes even before they were SBS.

The BX41 runs in a similar matter of the M15.

The B44 local ends at Flushing Avenue while the B44 SBS continues to Williamsburg during the daytime. Like the BX12, all stops are made on the B44 route (with the exception of Rogers Avenue Service)

The M60 is the only 24/7 SBS route, and it dosen't make local stops at all. It might be nice for the M60 to get a few stops on 125 street and Astoria Boulevard late nights

The Q44 is a little complicated because the Q44 would be 100% SBS during the daytime, with the Q20 replacing the Q44 local during the daytime, and the Q44 would be 100% local during late nights. With the way the MTA runs, I feel that the Q44 local could be at risk. Would they keep the Q44 local, even though it is just for late nights, or would they convert the Q44 into a 100% SBS route and replace the local with tweaked and/or new routes?

I feel like the local would stay; the only route that is 24/7 SBS, the M60 SBS, doesn't have wide stop spacing in Manhattan. Where it does have wide stop spacing in Queens, a good portion of the route is blocked off by the GCP and fronted by a cemetery. That doesn't apply to the Q44, which runs in fairly dense areas in the Bronx.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little what now...?

Both lines have been equal to me, when I rode them a year ago I think.

You mis my point.

Northbound Q20A/B and Q44 drop off passenger first at 39th Av, then pickup on 38th Av while SB buses drop off at 38th Av and pickup on 39th Av. That's why I said it's strange.

You mis my point.

Northbound Q20A/B and Q44 drop off passenger first at 39th Av, then pickup on 38th Av while SB buses drop off at 38th Av and pickup on 39th Av. That's why I said it's strange.

Maybe SB buses want to gain more passengers around the spot, yet on northbound they want to decrease load times.

I feel like the local would stay; the only route that is 24/7 SBS, the M60 SBS, doesn't have wide stop spacing in Manhattan. Where it does have wide stop spacing in Queens, a good portion of the route is blocked off by the GCP and fronted by a cemetery. That doesn't apply to the Q44, which runs in fairly dense areas in the Bronx.

Fair enough....

Just add bus lanes for Q44 and preboarding at main stops dip for lesser used stops done.

I don't think Bus Lane will work.

For instance, "LEFT TURN lane from westbound Northern Blvd onto southbound Main St are BUSES ONLY, however most of motorists ignores and makes illegal left turn in bus lane, or from 2nd lane."

FZcQbBF.png

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/html/routes/flushng_jamaica.shtml

Yes, I too backtrack into Manhattan when I'm trying to go from Flushing to Jamaica. 

Why would anyone need to go into the city???? Subway would be simply be (7) to Roosevelt (E)(F)... Which I have done many times. 

Of course depending on where you're at/going in Jamaica, I find the Q25 LTD to be the fastest LTD between the 2 points if a person just wants a One-Seat ride. However nothing beats the (E)(F) / (7) for speed, but a lot of time people just don't feel like Transferring and doing the Steps at Roosevelt. 

If they want to speed up service between Jamaica and Flushing how about the Q44 running via the Van Wyck Expy from Hillside ave to College Point Blvd then going up College Point Blvd till Roosevelt Ave and then back to Regular route. Maybe once they finish the kew gardens interchange traffic won't be so bad on the Van Wyck.

its either that via the van wick or deleting some stops along the q44 route. Bus only lanes in flushing are needed.

In order for buses in general to perform better traffic signals should be synced with one another so buses can sail by. A good example of this is on Kissena blvd between booth memorial and Horace Harding Expressway. I find it crazy how Horace Harding has short timing similar to the light at 60th. Waiting for all these lights and stoping at that main stop at Horace Harding causes the Q17 and Q25 at least 5 minutes sometimes since that area is bad during the rush hour. I believe re syncing light changes could help some what.

In order for buses in general to perform better traffic signals should be synced with one another so buses can sail by. A good example of this is on Kissena blvd between booth memorial and Horace Harding Expressway. I find it crazy how Horace Harding has short timing similar to the light at 60th. Waiting for all these lights and stoping at that main stop at Horace Harding causes the Q17 and Q25 at least 5 minutes sometimes since that area is bad during the rush hour. I believe re syncing light changes could help some what.

I agree with you...The signal lights are a killer

There is a reason ridership is light past hillside. That routing is to cut down on transfers.

Ridership light past Hillside....

You mean to tell us that the Q44 has light ridership between Sutphin (F) (not inclusive) & Archer/Merrick?

Either you are delusional, or flat out lying...... The amount of people that wait for Q44's at Archer/Sutphin (before the turn onto Sutphin) shits on that theory immensely.....

In either case.... Yo, go to bed...

Ridership light past Hillside....

You mean to tell us that the Q44 has light ridership between Sutphin (F) (not inclusive) & Archer/Merrick?

Either you are delusional, or flat out lying...... The amount of people that wait for Q44's at Archer/Sutphin (before the turn onto Sutphin) shits on that theory immensely.....

In either case.... Yo, go to bed...

Thank you!

There is a reason ridership is light past hillside. That routing is to cut down on transfers.

That's completely FALSE.

Q44 gets high ridership between Jamaica and Flushing to Bronx Zoo.

Majorities of riders who travels mostly between Jamaica and Flushing, Flushing to Bronx, partly by Huge G Grant Circle.

Q44 also get good ridership in Bronx and Queens.

Archived