(F) Train Rape on Law And Order: SVU.

Javier

I recently watched on USA Law and Order SVU, and there was this episode that a lady got on a (F) train, and a man followed her. It was going Express from Jay St - MetroTech to Delancey St. When the train stopped at Jay Street, the train car emptied to about 25% , and the guy grabbed a Knife out and threw the lady against the locked door and started raping her. The thing that bothers me is that there was a lady WATCHING this whole entire rape and standing NEXT to them, and she didn't do nothing! Nether did any of the other bystanders! Since the train was going express, she got raped all the way from Jay Street to Delancy St. When the (F) stopped at Delancy, the guy barged out of the door and the lady fell on the floor, covering her underpants. And the thing is, nobody helped her until she gained a little of energy and went to the train operator and say that she got raped, this was at JACKSON heights - Roosevelt Ave, and then they shut down the line.

I know this is film making, but has this ever happend before? Someone abusing someone on a train and nobody goes to help them?

I recently watched on USA Law and Order SVU, and there was this episode that a lady got on a (F) train, and a man followed her. It was going Express from Jay St - MetroTech to Delancey St. When the train stopped at Jay Street, the train car emptied to about 25% , and the guy grabbed a Knife out and threw the lady against the locked door and started raping her. The thing that bothers me is that there was a lady WATCHING this whole entire rape and standing NEXT to them, and she didn't do nothing! Nether did any of the other bystanders! Since the train was going express, she got raped all the way from Jay Street to Delancy St. When the (F) stopped at Delancy, the guy barged out of the door and the lady fell on the floor, covering her underpants. And the thing is, nobody helped her until she gained a little of energy and went to the train operator and say that she got raped, this was at JACKSON heights - Roosevelt Ave, and then they shut down the line.

I know this is film making, but has this ever happend before? Someone abusing someone on a train and nobody goes to help them?

The MTA got sued in a case where the rapist was attacking his victim in front of both a conductor (they were on the platform) and in front of a manned ticket booth, and neither did anything.

Smh... And what happened to the employees?

According to this article, the suit was tossed because the court saw that just pressing a button to alert the command center and sitting in the booth was all the action the employees needed to take.

SVU and Law and Order generally base episodes off of real life crimes that actually did happen.

I'd also like to point out that, as demonstrated in the infamous Kitty Genovese case, psychologists have demonstrated that in the event that someone needs help, people are less likely to help the more people there are simply because they either believe someone else is going to do something, or for a variety of other reasons.

According to this article, the suit was tossed because the court saw that just pressing a button to alert the command center and sitting in the booth was all the action the employees needed to take.

SVU and Law and Order generally base episodes off of real life crimes that actually did happen.

I'd also like to point out that, as demonstrated in the infamous Kitty Genovese case, psychologists have demonstrated that in the event that someone needs help, people are less likely to help the more people there are simply because they either believe someone else is going to do something, or for a variety of other reasons.

I wish there was a bookmark button to save snippets of knowledge.

Archived