LIRR Question?

Articulated450

My Son was called for a interview with lirr about a week ago for the Car appearance Maintainer position. His interview is set for the 4th of December. What can he be expect to be asked or told during the interview? Just want to help him out a bit any info would be great! Thanks

Just tell him to make sure to be there early. He might be shown a video based on the duties of a Cam. Tell him to watch it and just remember a few key notes about it. They may ask you some questions based on the video. Also tell him to leave nothing out in his application.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys my name is Akeem and I did a interview with the LIRR last year august 8 which was a Friday. The guy that interviewed me sent me the background check that exact day I didn't see it so that following Monday he called me and asking me did I see the background check I'm i still interested then I respond to it and then we hang up the phone after the background check fast forward a whole year every time I call him he's telling me I'm still being considered for the position... the last time we spoke was on April 20th which was a Monday and he told me its still pending he'll contact me when it's finished or if he needs anything... 5 months later I haven't heard anything should I give up our keep the faith I'm going to call him one more time. ..

I would do just as S/A Vee mention. Don't wait on them and carry on. I wish I could give you more input but HR these days you can't get a read on them or understand how they function. As employee myself I had an very stressful situation dealing with them with a promotion that didn't end well. Just keep applying to other jobs and other companies and don't hole your breath with them.

• 1 month later...

hey 

i took the test at the yardmaster trainee open house , later that day i received an email from sterling to complete the background check , does this mean i passed ? 

If they interviewed you after the test, most likely you passed. 

Archived