Could THIS be 76th Street?

MTR Admiralty

well didnt Rockaway Ave function as a terminal for a short period of time...

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/ind_1939_small.jpg

it did, nd so did 169th street on da hillside line

i hav no idea how those trains could turn, unless the switches were built already (between rock nd euclid, or 169-179)

but anyways, 76th street is a motherload of adventure

But the line was built all the way to Euclid. I don't know if the rails were laid but the tunnel and stations were build. B'way Junction could have had rails and not been finish, but if it was for relays and not customer service it would not matter.

But the line was built all the way to Euclid. I don't know if the rails were laid but the tunnel and stations were build. B'way Junction could have had rails and not been finish, but if it was for relays and not customer service it would not matter.

dats true...

anyways, if the line continued via pitkin, any possible stations?

Have you not read many of my posts on this subject? I have been to the Grant Ave. lay-ups and stood at the wall and have seen the homeball that faces the wall. Right now I am in Albany for school, but will be back in November.

We heard you. We're not trashing your sighting but we wanna see for ourselves. I just wish I can bring a power tool and drill a small peephole in the cyder block if there rely is something back there.

What would be cool to get is a fiber optic camera like what SWAT teams use to look into rooms through HVAC vents. I think those would be was to much $$$ though. If I ever go on the street level in that area, I would not mind poping all the man holes to look and see whats in them. Though I would not want to walk the streets around Euclid and Pitkin area with out some Kevlar and some heat.

What would be cool to get is a fiber optic camera like what SWAT teams use to look into rooms through HVAC vents. I think those would be was to much $$$ though. If I ever go on the street level in that area, I would not mind poping all the man holes to look and see whats in them. Though I would not want to walk the streets around Euclid and Pitkin area with out some Kevlar and some heat.

if we dig a new hole and find nothing, were building a new subway

I might just be crazy enough to use the freedom of information act to get (MTA) to send me all available documentation, but i'd need a specific time frame, like 2 months at most and the types of documents required. I'd go & pick them up from their office if needed. I know what i saw though. There are bricked up and blocked off places all around the city and not just the subway. Would be nice to have a lil info so it's not totally a mystery.

Anyone willing to help simply give me the info i need to tell them so i can be specific enough to get the documentation we want. :(

- A

I might just be crazy enough to use the freedom of information act to get (MTA) to send me all available documentation, but i'd need a specific time frame, like 2 months at most and the types of documents required. I'd go & pick them up from their office if needed. I know what i saw though. There are bricked up and blocked off places all around the city and not just the subway. Would be nice to have a lil info so it's not totally a mystery.

Anyone willing to help simply give me the info i need to tell them so i can be specific enough to get the documentation we want. :(

- A

they will never tell u da information

they wanna keep da tunnels away from vagrants and bin ladens.

Archived