Could THIS be 76th Street?

MTR Admiralty

There IS something behind those walls. 76th Street is suppose to be fully intact if it exist. From what I understand it was only in operation in 1948 so that means 76th Street must be in ruins by now. If we could find a way to drill behind those wall and just get a peak of what's on the other side, I'd be the happiest person in the world!!!

Damn it, 76th Street is New Yorks Area 51!!!

There IS something behind those walls. 76th Street is suppose to be fully intact if it exist. From what I understand it was only in operation in 1948 so that means 76th Street must be in ruins by now. If we could find a way to drill behind those wall and just get a peak of what's on the other side, I'd be the happiest person in the world!!!

Damn it, 76th Street is New Yorks Area 51!!!

man i wan tishman 2 knock dat wall down, jus 2 c wat is REALLY behind

true, wit groundwater nd everything, even if it exists, it wood be a MESS

I was just looking around the web, and then I saw this page:

http://ltvsquad.com/Locations/urbanexploration.php?ID=197

I'm not exactly sure if it is the IND Fulton Street Line (Euclid area)

But from the concrete wall and the homeballs I am assuming that this might be the wall that separates 76th Street and reality.

what station was that closed on? and whats so special about it?

76th street is a very special station that is now closed, its (supposedly) located right on the Queens/brooklyn border near where the A line Grant Ave station is today. the IND Fulton line was suppose to extend past Euclid Ave with all 4 tracks instead of the way it is now, and 76th was supposed to be the next station. The rumor goes that 76th was fully built, and they opened it for a day, but then for some reason they closed it and now the MTA denies its existance, but many people think it exists and find things they think its proof for its existance, so its still a mystery

what station was that closed on? and whats so special about it?

76th street is a mythical station

NOBODY HAS TANGIBLE PROOF that the station exists, and its existence is highly debatable. sum of us believe that behind dat wall lies the station.

the station never opened and may possibly, never built at all.

get with the program, son.

76th street is a very special station that is now closed, its (supposedly) located right on the Queens/brooklyn border near where the A line Grant Ave station is today. the IND Fulton line was suppose to extend past Euclid Ave with all 4 tracks instead of the way it is now, and 76th was supposed to be the next station. The rumor goes that 76th was fully built, and they opened it for a day, but then for some reason they closed it and now the MTA denies its existance, but many people think it exists and find things they think its proof for its existance, so its still a mystery

yea... look at the track map on www.nycsubway.org, after euclid, 4 trks continue a few trainlengths, while from between the locals and expresses arise a pair of tracks continuing to grant... a pair of tracks come out from the local leading to pitkin yard... i believe, correct me if im wrong

im not sure abt ur RUMOUR, since brennan's goof page was entire BS. but yea, it couldve existed

That is the evidence I have been talking about. The signals that are lit are the homeballs entering Euclid from the lay-ups and relay tracks. There is not proof either way that the station did or did not exist. One thing that I have to say, it looks so much different when you are down there. The one big thing for me is the actual wall at the end of the tunnel, is cinder block. This leeds me to believe that there is more tunnel past that wall and maybe a station or part of one.

76th Street was suppoably closed for follow-up repairs a month after it opened but it never reopened due to the (A) annexing th BMT Fulton. It wouldn't have gone as far as it does anyway, it would of ended at Rockaway Blvd and they would of have built a provision to Far Rockaway. I guess the Elevated was more usable then a four tracked subway. I'm reading this off the original 1939 Second System plans.

Also they are some strange things about 76th Street, it only was opened for 30 days, it was a local station (which is very hard to understand why it was a terminal) and it was built only with a small mezzanine (as opposed to the IND full ones.)

I would no trust wiki, a friend of mine who talked to 2 separate people both of whom were TA employees said that they were in the station at one time. I have never come across anyone who said that the station was used though.

76 St was never used. Somebody probably saw Joe Brennan's Abandoned Stations 76th St page (an April Fools joke) and took it a bit too seriously...that's why you can NEVER trust wiki anything or "internet rumors"..

And yup the chaining codes on those signals tell you that is definitely where 76th St would be...

Yea, it could have also been cover for government activities such as the stuff they were doing under GCT during ww2. We may never know the true story, but i for one know its there because i walked over a grate that had steps under it right where its supposed to be located. I found another one of those grates farther south in midtown as well.

- A

What if the entire Fulton St Extension (all the wat to 229th St) existed past that wall...with stations and all...

Ok but seriously speaking...if 76th st was opened for a period of time...then why isnit on any of the IND Rollsigns if it was used as a terminal....(the origninal IND rollsigns)

Believe, 76th Street is the real deal! :)

Well, me and others think so, take it like a grain of salt....

Yea, it could have also been cover for government activities such as the stuff they were doing under GCT during ww2. We may never know the true story, but i for one know its there because i walked over a grate that had steps under it right where its supposed to be located. I found another one of those grates farther south in midtown as well.

- A

If you're not talking about Brooklyn, then you're talking about something else.

And those stairs might've just been an emergency exit from the tunnel....

76th Street was suppoably closed for follow-up repairs a month after it opened but it never reopened due to the (A) annexing th BMT Fulton. It wouldn't have gone as far as it does anyway, it would of ended at Rockaway Blvd and they would of have built a provision to Far Rockaway. I guess the Elevated was more usable then a four tracked subway. I'm reading this off the original 1939 Second System plans.

Also they are some strange things about 76th Street, it only was opened for 30 days, it was a local station (which is very hard to understand why it was a terminal) and it was built only with a small mezzanine (as opposed to the IND full ones.)

yea, they went with the el since it was cheaper to construct, and since the trackage is there, all they needed was the connection

however, where did u get da info dat 76th street DID open? was it from brennan's site? dat was an april fool's joke.

76 St was never used. Somebody probably saw Joe Brennan's Abandoned Stations 76th St page (an April Fools joke) and took it a bit too seriously...that's why you can NEVER trust wiki anything or "internet rumors"..

And yup the chaining codes on those signals tell you that is definitely where 76th St would be...

agreed, dun believe in those rumours... however, this is prolly proof dat the station could exist

look at the trk diagram, it shows 4 tracks with side platforms

What if the entire Fulton St Extension (all the wat to 229th St) existed past that wall...with stations and all...

Ok but seriously speaking...if 76th st was opened for a period of time...then why isnit on any of the IND Rollsigns if it was used as a terminal....(the origninal IND rollsigns)

honestly, i hav no idea how dat station could function as a terminal

yea, they went with the el since it was cheaper to construct, and since the trackage is there, all they needed was the connection

however, where did u get da info dat 76th street DID open? was it from brennan's site? dat was an april fool's joke.

No Brennan's site is pretty obvious as a joke. I heard from a few old timer train buffs. And Also the 1939 Second System Plans no joke!

No Brennan's site is pretty obvious as a joke. I heard from a few old timer train buffs. And Also the 1939 Second System Plans no joke!

lol, THEY could b lying as well! take it as myth until sumones got da cuts 2 dig da place up

wikipedia is real (as it always is, until foamers **** around with da context or sum idiot posts random nonsense)

Archived