hiring questions

astogezz

Hey I'm getting called soon an I want all my ducks in a row before I go I recieved a summons when I was 17 10 years ago for doubling up with someone at a train turnstile. My friend had told me that before i go to the employment agency I have to get a copy of my disposition or something like that . So I was wondering is this true or is it off my record because I was a juvenile ? And if it is true where do I get a copy of a disposition please help

Good Morning,

We have a Transit Employment Section here on NYCTF. See : http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forum/19-transit-employment-topics-and-discussions/

You may wish to ask your question in the specific thread for the specific exam you expect to be called for instead of making a separate topic. Your question does come up from time to time. Also when posting, it helps to share your list number so everyone can get a sense of where HR is at in the hiring process but do not include the whole number (if you are 9988 write 99XX).

Best Wishes for the New Year!

If you were told that because you were a juvenile, the record would be sealed if you remained on good behavior for a year, then that is what will be the case, provided you stayed out of trouble after that, and the record was sealed.

Youthful adjudications do not need to be disclosed to work for TA.

Take it from me.....go get the disposition..I had something sealed and they asked for it.....pushed me back 2 months....also I have seen guys they get hired and thought ooooo it was when I was young.....but because they didn't bring in the disposition.....canned.....3 years on the job....

Don't worry about those summons. My wife got a summons a few years before starting work for TA on a Select Bus, because she didn't dip her card at the machine before getting on the bus. This was back in 2008 when only the BX12 was a SBS. She had already paid the ticket and had the dispostion, and TA didn't even ask for it. They aren't concerned with Felonies or Misdemanors older than 10 years old. You can disclouse the information if you'd like about the ticket, but it won't even matter. That's a super minor infraction that won'r prevent you from being hired.

Archived