Petition: Weekend L Train Shutdowns Will Be Detrimental To Brooklyn Businesses

BreeddekalbL

Woah, woah, woah, it's only for 5 weekends? Jesus christ, if your company is making so little profit that everyone in williamsburg, the J, the G, the 6-7 buses and the M, which is STILL running in manhattan, can't sustain you for 10 DAYS, then you really shouldn't be in business anyways.

Is that right?  Well if I didn't know any better the SAS folks were also nothing but complainers, so it's funny that you two use them to try to justify this construction.

Oh I don't know, maybe its because the SAS has been going on for years, it's 24/7 and involves THE STREETS....and that the SAS has been doing some actual damage(not financial) to homes and businesses IN that area.....SAS folks have a right to complain. The (L) is only for 5 weekends/2 days per week along with it being COMPLETELY UNDERGROUND....and isn't really doing anything to screw with businesses or people's homes, especially since, once again, you have the (J), (M), (G) & FREE Shuttle buses....

I'd like to see you compare 8 years of work to 5 weekends/2 days per week......

Apples to oranges once again.

I would like to pull up some old SAS posts that seem to state the exact opposite of what you two are yelling. NOW they have the right to complain, but before they didn't... lol

Or, maybe there were both valid and invalid complaints. Maybe blanket statements are ridiculous, and everything should be judged on its own merits.

Business owners who were there for years and struggling had valid complaints. Businesses that opened leases just a few months before shovels were in the ground, or even during the construction, and struggling should've done their due diligence. And residents who were afraid of subway entrances dumping people onto their street, even though 1. they lived on a busy commercial street as it was and 2. the entrances pointed away from their building were found to be filing frivolous lawsuits by the court system.

I would like to pull up some old SAS posts that seem to state the exact opposite of what you two are yelling. NOW they have the right to complain, but before they didn't... lol

Good luck with that, because the only thing I objected to was the subway entrance debacle. Everything else I posted about folks complaining was always in the bus threads....so you take your sweet time with that, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Thanks for derailing and throwing the topic off course, just so you can stand high in a discussion that you had no legitimate argument for.

Archived