CDL Pre Trip Inspection Guides

msmcmillan

Can anyone suggest a video or a guide that's the closest to the actual Class B Pre Trip Inspection that will be on the actual road test? It seems that everyone does it different. Any helpful tips on how to remember everything?

Just know your vehicle. The person testing you will take you to what area they want you to check and you just verbally run down what you are checking. When i took my road test, the proctor took me to the rear right side of the bus, than the front, and that was it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Blitz...I will study my vehicle hard!

My apologies in bumping this thread, however...

If you go to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/?p=791692, if you scroll up a little bit, the last two pictures of the previous post is the check-off list for the interior and exterior pre-trip for a NYC Transit/MTA Bus.

First, for the air-brake test, remember ALSAPS:

= Air leakage rate test (hold service brake down, should not lose more than 3 psi in one minute)

L  = Low Air warning signal check (pump brake until approximately 60 psi, should hear and see warning devices)

S  = Spring Brake check (pump brake until approximately 30 psi, parking brake should pop out)

A  = Air compressor cut-off check (start engine, air compressor should cut-off at approximately 120 psi, do wrap-around while this is taking place. Step on the gas pedal to speed this up if necessary)

P  = Parking Brake check (put vehicle in gear without pushing in parking brake, vehicle should not move)

S  = Service Brake check (push in parking brake, move vehicle 50 feet, service brake should work)

Hopefully this helps.

NOTE: In case anyone is curious, I will be re-posting all of that information in the B/O Exam # 4600 thread, once the list numbers have been released and the HR Dept. starts calling people from that list.

Archived