IND Queens Blvd

metsfan

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:9/17/2008 10:05:49&nbspAM

Due to ongoing signal problems at the 36th Street Station, (E) train service are running with delays and the entire (V) line is suspended between the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station and the 2nd Avenue Station.

So basically there is no (V) till this is fixed. They should tell people to take the (F).

- A

Huh? One signal can't take out the whole (V) line. This doesn't sound right.

The (E) was delayed because of this, but why was the (V) totally down is unclear. The last time a full line went down if I recall was due to flooding incidents if I remember correctly.

The LIRR is extremely well run with modern equipment and tracking. They have few flaws which are being worked on as we speak and Jamaica Station has been fully modernized over the years with the addition of the Air Train. Excellent commuter rail service. The last remaining flaws are being worked on and resolved.

The subway system in Queens vs the LIRR is like night and day. The subway system Metrocard is the only modern piece of the system.

The subway system is run poorly in Queens. Extremely old cars, tunnels in a horrible state of repair, Ive experienced smoke conditions in the tunnels. Poor ventilation systems to boot. Lots and lots of signal failures and outages.

No improvement in sight. We see a total failure of the V line. I am afraid to ask what is next.

At least they are not abusing the cars like during the hell years. I can say that most of the older cars will live their full service life into 2009 and beyond.

They should sell them for scrap instead of reefing.

- A

If they can sell them for money thats makes it viable then I would say go the scrap route to bolster the financials.

As far as new R160/R179 seems like they are indeed on order, but delays and funding cuts are not good.

You would hope it would get better.

I'm surprised by the number of people surprised that the (V) is suspended for a while in the day. The MTA suspends the (V) like every other day.....

But anyway, this whole problem, I seem to get the picture. The problem is somehow, happening between Queens Plaza and 36th Street, cause mind you, it seems the (R) wasn't really affected, with probably a little delay through the area.

Or the problem was getting fixed and train traffic needs to be at minimum so, why not suspend the (V).

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:9/17/2008 6:46:25 PM

Due to a customer requiring medical assistance at the 23rd Street-Ely Avenue Station:

World Trade Center-bound (E) trains are running on the (F) line from the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station to the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Lower East Side-bound (V) trains are running on the (F) line from the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station to the 47-50th Streets-Rockefeller Center Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (E), (F) and (V) trains.

In addition, due to signal problems at the Atlantic Avenue Station, please expect delays in service on the (4) and (5) trains at this time.

Pretty much, (E) and (V) service was disrupted most of the entire day.

I don't get why there are so many (F) trains running on the local track on the Queens Blvd line during off peak hours.

Archived