Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Just wanted to update. I called and was told they do need the original GED document. Olha told me to come to pre-employment that’s scheduled. She said they will need it for finally processing once they get to my list number. I’ve already filled out the document for a new one and will mail that in today. Thanks again everyone ☺️🙌🏽

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Just wanted to update. I called and was told they do need the original GED document. Olha told me to come to pre-employment that’s scheduled. She said they will need it for finally processing once they get to my list number. I’ve already filled out the document for a new one and will mail that in today. Thanks again everyone ☺️🙌🏽

All they really need to do is look at your forum posts. Your sentences are done properly, good formatting proper punctuation... That's all I would need to see to know that you've got probably more education than a lot of the people down here. 😂

Lol I jest - there's actually a lot of really smart people down here. But some of them come from the deep end of the dumb spectrum and it's just astounding lol. Most people have a brain. 🙏

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

So I am also on the recently certified list and I have a higher list number than you but you were called before me for preemployment and have already received a conditional offer. Maybe they call the people who were on medical hold first. That seems fair. Which date is your medical scheduled for?

Tomo @7. And I quoted April 2nd based on someone's reply on here. Didn't have the heart to tell them that's a Sunday lol 

25 minutes ago, ronZO215 said:

Tomo @7. And I quoted April 2nd based on someone's reply on here. Didn't have the heart to tell them that's a Sunday lol 

so because transits week starts from sunday..... april 2nd would be your "first day", The first real day would be orientation the following day

13 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

so because transits week starts from sunday..... april 2nd would be your "first day", The first real day would be orientation the following day

This is true. My class began August 1 last year but we're the 7/31 class because 8/1 was Monday

42 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

business casual is acceptable

"it's generally accepted that business casual is a relaxed version of formal business wear. For men, that means doing away with ties and swapping suits for slacks, button-downs, and blazers. While for women, knee-length skirts, dresses, smart slacks, and blouses are great choices"

Some people don't know what business casual is, so here's a general idea from the Google

On 3/19/2023 at 12:50 PM, Milano said:

They don't want your college transcript. Just bring an original GED. If you had a college degree you could bring that instead of a high school diploma or GED.  I brought my college degree and they didn't want to see my high school diploma. I know exactly what guy they're talking about and somehow I got on his good side. Maybe I'm an a****** too lol 🫣

Hey, i just want to add , that if you obtained your High School Diploma outside the US , (i did) they are not accepting that as well. So, i was basically turned away last Friday when i went for pre employment. I had to go to Globe Language Services to have my diploma evaluated .. i paid for a 3-5 days service. I should receive it this Friday. Then, i’ll have to call and asked to be rescheduled 😑 for pre employment . 

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

Hey, i just want to add , that if you obtained your High School Diploma outside the US , (i did) they are not accepting that as well. So, i was basically turned away last Friday when i went for pre employment. I had to go to Globe Language Services to have my diploma evaluated .. i paid for a 3-5 days service. I should receive it this Friday. Then, i’ll have to call and asked to be rescheduled 😑 for pre employment . 

Foot ain’t even in the door yet and it’s a hassle. Lol. I just dropped my application in the mail to get my original GED replacement. I’ll update tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

I just got called for OPA on the 17th, all this time I thought this list was dead.  Now I don't know what to do, part of me doesn't want to miss this opportunity but I'm also in a point of my life where I have a set schedule and a family.  My list number is 94XX.  Anyone in a similar situation?  How do you manage family time/work balance?   

14 hours ago, noekozz said:

I just got called for OPA on the 17th, all this time I thought this list was dead.  Now I don't know what to do, part of me doesn't want to miss this opportunity but I'm also in a point of my life where I have a set schedule and a family.  My list number is 94XX.  Anyone in a similar situation?  How do you manage family time/work balance?   

Speaking for myself: I too already have a set schedule when it comes to family shit(father of 2 young ones), etc. BUT I'll rearrangement my whole life for a chance to work for the MTA. My current job is shit, I don't have any family hookups and was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so by any means necessary to secure a good career for my family's livelihood.  

17 hours ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Foot ain’t even in the door yet and it’s a hassle. Lol. I just dropped my application in the mail to get my original GED replacement. I’ll update tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

It's all a hassle until you get on a train by yourself. The whole beginning of this thing is a hassle. I don't know if that's by design or through incompetency, but that's how it is. It'll be worth it.

Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well. I promised to drop by with an update. Had my “first” pre employment scheduled for today. I didn’t have the original copy of my GED however everything went smoothly. I was nervous about going to the guy at window 7 lol. I ended up at window 5 with all my documents. I let him know I didn’t have my GED and he said that was ok I didn’t need it today. Got called back to go over all my information and documents. Sitting waiting for drug testing rn 🙌🏽

21 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well. I promised to drop by with an update. Had my “first” pre employment scheduled for today. I didn’t have the original copy of my GED however everything went smoothly. I was nervous about going to the guy at window 7 lol. I ended up at window 5 with all my documents. I let him know I didn’t have my GED and he said that was ok I didn’t need it today. Got called back to go over all my information and documents. Sitting waiting for drug testing rn 🙌🏽

I'm there too waiting on the medical, so far so good.

24 minutes ago, Pkk said:

My list number 99xx I called for opa 4/20. Does my list number even have a chance to getting in before list expires?

Stay positive my friend you never know. Also there's another test coming up I think in June, you can apply for that one and aim for a higher score👍🙏

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

I'm here too, submit all my docs and now waiting on medical 

Bro I'm # 71## I think there's like 300- 400 people ahead of you awaiting medical! Honestly today they will drug test  you today and then call you back three months again for another drug test.. just make copies of the pre- employment packet to make life easier 3 months from now..  im pretty sure me at 71## will be heading to pre- employment # 3 in june.. but congrats on yall first pre- employment!

18 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Bro I'm # 71## I think there's like 300- 400 people ahead of you awaiting medical! Honestly today they will drug test  you today and then call you back three months again for another drug test.. just make copies of the pre- employment packet to make life easier 3 months from now..  im pretty sure me at 71## will be heading to pre- employment # 3 in june.. but congrats on yall first pre- employment!

I meant drug testing, waiting to be seen by the lab technician, and thanks. Today went by smoothly, had all my docs and everything was filled out correctly. 

31 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

They reached out a while back the told me last number appointed was 7#99. Not sure what number they’re at now but getting called to do something is hopefully a step in the right direction and thank youuuu. When the lady this morning said “first pre employment” I chuckled. Like wow they’re multiple    🤭😂

Edited by Lov3 qu33n