Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

@milano regardless of positions MTA needed to fill for transit cleaner they called people with higher list numbers from exam 6601 (conductor) to offer people with higher list numbers a position…period. It should’ve been done in list number order if it’s only about filling positions. Maybe a few of us with lower list numbers would’ve taken the opportunity just to get our foot in the door.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DaVon said:

@milano regardless of positions MTA needed to fill for transit cleaner they called people with higher list numbers from exam 6601 (conductor) to offer people with higher list numbers a position…period. It should’ve been done in list number order if it’s only about filling positions. Maybe a few of us with lower list numbers would’ve taken the opportunity just to get our foot in the door.

I wish I would have gotten the cleaner offer not sure why I didnt,guess my list number wasn't high enough even tho I'm in the 7500 range

46 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

I wish I would have gotten the cleaner offer not sure why I didnt,guess my list number wasn't high enough even tho I'm in the 7500 range

Which stage are you at in the process so far. OPA or Pre-employment. I thought your list number range was already in the April 10th class.

40 minutes ago, Darrius said:

Which stage are you at in the process so far. OPA or Pre-employment. I thought your list number range was already in the April 10th class.

I'm in the 72xx and waiting, went in for 2nd pre-employment about a month ago.

2 hours ago, Darrius said:

Did my second pre employment march 17th,I wish I was in that April class, hopefully I get called for next class,from what I see they might be getting close to my number.fingars crossed

29 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Did my second pre employment march 17th,I wish I was in that April class, hopefully I get called for next class,from what I see they might be getting close to my number.fingars crossed

Is there any reason why u had 2 pre-employments ? I would hate to get called twice.

3 minutes ago, Darrius said:

Is there any reason why u had 2 pre-employments ? I would hate to get called twice.

Seems like most people do at least two maybe three times(I might have to do a third June if I don't get called for medical).from what I understand drug test are only good for 90 days and can't be used after hence why we got to do pre employment again after 90 days,I could be wrong tho.

6 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Seems like most people do at least two maybe three times(I might have to do a third June if I don't get called for medical).from what I understand drug test are only good for 90 days and can't be used after hence why we got to do pre employment again after 90 days,I could be wrong tho.

I see

On 4/20/2023 at 12:30 AM, Milano said:

Call up and see how fast you can reschedule before you make a decision. If they can give you something the day you come back or something like that, or earlier go for it. But if they're not going to bring you in for the OPA for three more months, that might be an issue.

I took your advice and called up. Got my OPA rescheduled for early May. I got the number from the 311 website. Thanks!

@adelv great news! No sense in giving up. Go as far as you can with this hiring process. And don’t get discouraged by the discouraging comments. Yes, there’s going to be another exam, but, look how long it took for us to get called off our current list. if we decided to file for the open competitive exam again in June 2023, there’s thousands of people that will be taking the exam and we’re back at square 1 waiting for the list to be established with our list numbers and then once established may have to wait another few years to be called. So, go as far as you can go with this existing hiring process.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:38 AM, DaVon said:

I believe it was a lottery and done randomly 

56 minutes ago, DaVon said:

@adelv great news! No sense in giving up. Go as far as you can with this hiring process. And don’t get discouraged by the discouraging comments. Yes, there’s going to be another exam, but, look how long it took for us to get called off our current list. if we decided to file for the open competitive exam again in June 2023, there’s thousands of people that will be taking the exam and we’re back at square 1 waiting for the list to be established with our list numbers and then once established may have to wait another few years to be called. So, go as far as you can go with this existing hiring process.

Thank you so much! Will do 

FYI. I know someone who just got a letter to go take their OPA and their list number is in the 1112X. So it seems they're going to exhaust this list as much as they can before the next test comes out. It seems as if NYCT really needs Conductors OR they're on some Money Grab tactics, since they been crying broke recently ( Just an assumption). Because this year alone I see TWO promotionals, and one OC within the same year. I've never seen TWO promotionals back to back like that before.

2 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

FYI. I know someone who just got a letter to go take their OPA and their list number is in the 1112X. So it seems they're going to exhaust this list as much as they can before the next test comes out. It seems as if NYCT really needs Conductors OR they're on some Money Grab tactics, since they been crying broke recently ( Just an assumption). Because this year alone I see TWO promotionals, and one OC within the same year. I've never seen TWO promotionals back to back like that before.

its more of a contingency in terms of sending people to their OPA that far down the list, just in case more people retire than they expect to

On 4/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, Comrade96 said:

its more of a contingency in terms of sending people to their OPA that far down the list, just in case more people retire than they expect to

Yeah but do they really need to go that far down the list? You would think around 200 down would be a good number as reserve since 1 class only fills up around 40-50 people according to what I read but then again, i also read that's how MTA does things, lol.. Hopefully they have more planned classes along the line before the list expires so more of us can get in 

4 hours ago, alexx said:

Yeah but do they really need to go that far down the list? You would think around 200 down would be a good number as reserve since 1 class only fills up around 40-50 people according to what I read but then again, i also read that's how MTA does things, lol.. Hopefully they have more planned classes along the line before the list expires so more of us can get in 

I mean Id guess as to the fact that theyd rather not be caught with their pants totally down

Hiring is slowing down tho as the needs of the service are being met, plus we have the promotionals coming in soon too

Wow I finally got the call to complete my medical and start class in May. Shout out to everyone in here relaying messages and information pertaining to this position Period. Really excited to start this new journey. May everyone be called if it’s in Gods will. I truly want everyone to shine.

8 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

Wow I finally got the call to complete my medical and start class in May. Shout out to everyone in here relaying messages and information pertaining to this position Period. Really excited to start this new journey. May everyone be called if it’s in Gods will. I truly want everyone to shine.

Good luck, make sure you study everything thay they teach you esp on your own time, especially your rdos

24 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

What # were you