R32 (M) train?

R3216068E

About the rollsign problem, here's what I think.

Keep the brown (M), it's not that much of an issue. Heck, (8) trains ran for 18 years simply signed as "SHUTTLE", and people still figured out that it was their train, while this situation is as simple as a color change.

For the destination rollsigns, you could have the conductor leave the bottom rollsign blank and switch the top one between 71 Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue at each terminal. If that's too much work, then add Metropolitan Avenue to the bottom signs as a new section.

About the rollsign problem, here's what I think.

Keep the brown (M), it's not that much of an issue. Heck, (8) trains ran for 18 years simply signed as "SHUTTLE", and people still figured out that it was their train, while this situation is as simple as a color change.

For the destination rollsigns, you could have the conductor leave the bottom rollsign blank and switch the top one between 71 Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue at each terminal. If that's too much work, then add Metropolitan Avenue to the bottom signs as a new section.

The signs are in alphabetical order and constantly going from Continental Av to Metropolitan Av is too much of a hassle

So R32s are going to hit the (M) soon and next year because of the myrtle av el construction while I'm sure no one knows the exact date of when they are going to hit the (M) does anyone know if very little R32s are going to be on the (M) or alot?

I think I remember seeing the roll sign on an uptown R-32 (J) Train showing the old Brown (M) roll sign. I was on the downtown R-160 orange (M) Train heading to the Chambers St (J) stop. If it's really true about the R-32s running on the (M) line, there's a possibility that they could either: add a new roll sign that features the current 6th Av orange (M) line into the current R-32 roll sign or replace the Brown (M) roll sign with the new orange one. 

I think I remember seeing the roll sign on an uptown R-32 (J) Train showing the old Brown (M) roll sign. I was on the downtown R-160 orange (M) Train heading to the Chambers St (J) stop. If it's really true about the R-32s running on the (M) line, there's a possibility that they could either: add a new roll sign that features the current 6th Av orange (M) line into the current R-32 roll sign or replace the Brown (M) roll sign with the new orange one.

Yup I just caught that set in service today it was lit seeing it a couple weeks ago I remember seeing a brown diamond <R> sign a couple weeks ago it is also possible that they can just leave it as the Brown (M)

When they issue a memo to (M) train crews to bring in their brake handles, then I'll believe that R32s are going to run on the (M) . Until then....

R32 set #3550 looks like it is already prepared to run on the (M) line RTO management wants R32s To Be On The (M) as of right now but plans can change

Archived